Prologue

"Go faster, your giving your opponent to much time to attack." Lycaon says.

"Sorry..." I mumble under my breath. I could careless about my dad. The only time he talks to me is when he is training me and the rest of the time I am with Simon and his wife Liz. I love them like the parents I never had. My mom hates me and dad only cares whether I can fight or not.

"We are done here." He growls before walking away. I huff before walking down to the river near our camp. My only two friend are probably with their parents. I decide to sit by the river and watch the sun set to clear my mind.When its almost pitch black out I start back to camp. Suddenly I hear a noise above me, ignoring it I continue on. By the time I get back everyone is asleep except the 5 night watch wolfs. I go to sleep thinking tomorrow is going to be just another day.

Boy was I wrong.

I wake up to a silver arrow flying over my head and hitting a tree. I jump up and see the pack having a stand off with the hunters. Dad growls at Artemsis when she steps forward.

"Change into your human forms monsters. I don't want to talk to dogs." Artemis says.

Don't change till I give the signal. Lycaon says in everyones mind before he changes to human form.

"What about the rest of your breed." She says glaring at us.

"They will not change until I give the signal ,and unless you and your followers drop your weapons, they will not be changing. I Lycaon Werewolf King, swear on the Styx that me nor my pack will attack or injure Artemis or her followers unless she attacks or threatens us first." Thunder roared in the background sealing the deal. She nods to her hunters and they all lay their bows on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" Dad asks.

"I was told there was monsters around here, and now I know who it is." Artemis says narrowing her eyes.

Dad turns to us before noding, and that is the signal. We all change into our human form, and I look to my left and see Simon and on my right is Jace one of my best friends. I glare at Artemis, before I realize that I along with multiple others were shirtless. When you change then change back to human you have on what ever you did before you changed and because we are werewolfs in the middle of no where most of the guys don't wear shirts on a regular bases. Me being one of those guys. I feel someone staring at me and look up. One of the hunters was staring at my 8 pack, when they look up at my face I raise an eyebrow and they blush before glaring.

"If you keep looking at me like that I will get the wrong idea." I state. The whole pack looks at me like I am crazy because I am speaking to an enemy, but I continue to look at the girl.

"Please, I was merely looking at all the people in your 'herd'.You just so happen to catch me looking at you." She says defencively.

"Mmm... You know werewolf's can tell when people are lying... Although I may not be the best at it but I can tell when people are lying and you miss are lying." Simon says smirking. I looked over at him shocked. He normally would be mad because I was speaking to an enemy.

The hunter growled...

"You just growled... like a werewolf." Dad said with a slight smirk on his face. It was obvious that the entire pack was enjoying this.

"Call off your pack or I will not restrain my hunters anymore." Artemis growls.

"Again with the growling." Dad says while waving his hand in a dismissing way. It happened with in a second. All the hunters had their weapons out and all the pack was back into wolf form. I notice the same hunter was staring at me. I changed back into wolf form.

"I thought in order to be a hunter you had to give up boys. Artemis your follower over here keeps staring at me. Its kinda creeping me out." I say. With that me and the hunter get locked in a glaring battle. Without breaking eye contact she picks up her bow, and I slowly walk to the front of the pack with my dad. Not breaking eye contact either.

"Are we going to stand here staring at each other all day?" I ask tilting my head at her.

"No." She says still not breaking eye contact

"Good." I say. I can feel everyone's eyes on us. Even if I am not well liked everyone respects me not only because I am one of the best fighters in the pack but also because I am very hard headed and they know I will not break eye contact first. I turn my head slightly to the other side as if saying Are you going to look away first and of course she doesn't.

"Still staring are we? Artemis you might want to kick your hunter out. She seems to have a thing for my son." Dad says. Artemis doesn't hesitate before she fires a silver arrow at him.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed the Prologue! Sorry about any spelling or grammer mistakes! All rights go to Rick Riordan! Sadly I don't own Percy Jackson or any of his other friends.

~BN082501