Chapter 23: The Plan

~~~~Percy's POV~~~~

When we get to the Big House I see the ten campers from when we attacked the base, Chiron, and Simon and Liz are all there. Me and Artemis walk to our seats and the meeting begins.

"Lycaon's base is about 100 miles east of here, and I am sure as you probably guessed that its heavily guarded, and well maintained so its going to be hard to get in." Chiron says.

"Do we know where Lycaon is staying at?" I ask.

"No, we are planning on having a stake out for a couple days to watch their patterns, and how they work. Maybe even find out where Lycaon is. Once we find out more we can come back and make a plan of attack." Simon says looking at me. I nod in reply but then say," How and when are we doing this?"

"Tonight at midnight the first watch group will go in. We set cameras up to messure how much time each group of soldiers are working. They switch at midnight so that will be our first watch. Each group guards for around 6 hours, and they are constantly moving about in their designated area so don't make any noise when you switch or while you are watching them. Two people will be here at all times talking to the ones watching incase anything goes wrong, and to note anything you guys call in that happens. They switch 4 times a day so there will be 4 groups, and all the people in each group needs to stay within hearing range of each other. I think Percy needs to go on one switch, Liz on one, Simon on one, and Artemis on another. You 4 know the most about Lycaon, and how he works, and all of you are capable of controlling a group of 10- 15 each switch." Chrion says, and we all nod but Simon. He looks directly at me and asks," Can you do this? Are you going to be ok if things go bad, and you are confronted by Lycaon? Can you stay in control if something like that happens until we can come?"

I nod and state," Yeah, I will be ok. I will have to face him eventually, and I know that." Simon nods at my reply.

"We should split the hunters up. Some will go with each of us, and the campers can help fill in our groups. Each group should have 5 hunters and 5 campers." I state. They nod in reply. Chiron assigns each of us 5 campers. I have Luke, Annabeth, Nico, Thalia, and Clarisse, and for hunters I have Zoe, Phoebe, Atlanta, Sky, and Ashley.

"Who is taking what watch?" Liz asks with her group behind her.

"Simon first, Artemis, Liz, and then Percy. Me, and whoever is not on watch will remain in the Big House until their turn incase something happens, and they need back up quickly. 3 hours before each switch the next group will start getting ready, and leave about an hour before switch." Chiron says, and we nod.

"Hunters need to take high ground. They need to stay in the trees, and you guys need to remain hidden, but stay with in hearing range. The campers will take low ground, stay hidden in bushes, or you might be able to get in a low tree. All of you need to check in with who ever your group leader is, and the group leader will need to be moving around. They will be going from person to person making sure eveything is going ok. When its time to switch the leaders will meet, and direct them to where each person is staying so they can switch each time. If anything goes wrong or we need an immediate retreat the leaders will state that in your mind or if they get caught up they will tell you, and keep you informed. Each group needs to hide out in different places. Even if that means moving over 3 feet each time." I tell everyone. They nod, and everyone disperses to get ready for the long night ahead.
A/N
I hope this update was better! I have been sick for the past couple of days and haven't been able to write or update, but today I am feeling better and decided you guys needed an update! Hopefully you enjoyed it!
Vote and Comment!
~BN082501