46

A/N: for those wondering why jimin's fine but hyojin's a bit more serious with the chest injury thing, is because she was the one that got hurt by jimin when she was already in a frail condition in terms of her health!

HYOJIN POV

I furrow my eyebrows. "So... what does that mean for us?"

He looks away in deep thought, hands hugging my fist playing with it. "It means we won't be able to go back in time anymore."

Wow. All our crazy risque adventures, all gone. We'll go back to just being ordinary people with no special abilities. "Do we know when exactly?" I ask him softly.

"Three days."

I look at him, eyes in shock. "Three days?!"

I sit up too fast and feel my chest tighten all of a sudden, sending me back down in pain. I clutch my heart area in a vain attempt to get rid of the sharp throbbing feeling.

"Why would you do that to yourself..." he scolds me. Jimin sits up worriedly, looking frantically at the door as if it'll help bring the doctor faster.

And surprisingly, he does.

The door opens, revealing a man in a large brown coat and medical mask holding a briefcase, walking in behind him is Ms Mae. As he's introducing himself to me, Jimin takes it as his cue to leave. Before getting another foot out the door, I call him back quickly. "W-wait, Jimin..." I let out weak breaths, my voice strained not even sure he heard me. He turns around, furrowing his eyebrows concerned.

"When I'm better, let's go on an adventure. One last good run."

His eyes twinkle in understanding, his famous mochi smile appearing on his lips. "Feel better, soulmate. Our adventure rests in your hands." He kisses his fingertips and extends them to me warmly before walking out leaving me with Dr Kim and my mother.

"Seems like you underwent a lot of stress lately. Do you tend to feel your breath hitch when you experience something that disturbs you or makes you feel anxious?"

I nod weakly, taking deep breaths as he uses his stethoscope on me. "You could have a medical history you may not know of that causes your pulmonary hypertension. When you get stressed you hold in your breath, whether you do this subconsciously or not. It causes your chest muscles to strain, including putting stress on your heart," he explains.

"A good rest for now should do the trick. Any pre-existing conditions I will come back in the morning to check on, is that okay?" My mother answers for me, holding the doctor's hands in appreciation. "Thank you so much, Doctor Kim."

He looks at his watch, seeing that it's past midnight. "I have to go home now. This prescription should do for now. It's supposed to slow your heart rate down and relax your muscles, take two in the morning," he explains. Kinda odd I can't take it now, but I don't know how medicine works.

I bow respectfully to him, watching him leave. My mother turns to me doe-eyed. "Please rest well, my Hyojinnie. It hurts to see you like this."

"Who is Hyerin to you, mom?"

Her eyes widen in surprise. She seems a little anxious, but after a mental debate she walks to the side of the bed sitting down. "I knew I'll have to tell you this eventually."