13

HYOJIN POV

Monday, 9am

Air. 

I need air.

I feel my chest rise and fall in an attempt to catch my breath. It wasn't real after all...

God, that nightmare felt so real. I try to move but my left arm starts to pulsate and immense pain shoots through my arm, causing me to clutch it in response.  Fuck, it hurts so bad.

I cry out in pain, sending Heeyoung into my room in an almost immediate reaction.

"Hyojin-ah, what–"

"My arm. It hurts. It's so painful..." I speak in laboured breaths.

She comes to my side quickly and helps me off the bed, worry plastered all over her face. 

"Okay, let's get you to the nurse's office, okay? Slowly..." I panic as she guides me out the room.

"Wait, what about class? I'll manage myself, you can't miss music your assignment's due–"

"What are you talking about, Jin? We only have Marketing at 3 today so take it easy. Calm down and focus on treating your injury." Confusion is laced in her voice, wondering why I'm worrying about something like that.

I stop in my tracks. The pain in my arm increasing as I clutch it tighter.

"Youngie, that's Monday's schedule."

"Did the pain travel to your brain?" She jokes lightly, still concerned about my state. "Today is Monday." Deja vu...

I try to think back to the vivid nightmare I just had when a huge wave of pain engulfs my arm till I'm having trouble standing. My face contorts and I can't think of anything else except getting rid of this feeling. "Hyojin!" Heeyoung's voice muffles into a distorted sound before my vision caves in.

"JIMIN!"

Fuck!  I shoot up, panting and heaving. I was taken back to the same nightmare... why?

I'm in the nurse's office again. The same bed when I collapsed around Jimin. I need to stop being so weak...

"We meet again, Ms Ki."

A voice breaks the silence in the atmosphere and I turn my head towards the door. I smile at her figure, walking closer to me with a clipboard and pen in hand.

I'm about to wave when I look down and see my left arm in a cast. What?

"We ran an X-ray on your injury but it seems like nothing's broken so don't worry."

Relief floods through my entire being. Thank goodness, but how would it get broken? I didn't do anything except–

Iseul. Baseball bat. Running.

I shudder as I remember. What really stresses me out is, if it was a dream, why am I physically affected?

"You probably twisted it waking up so abruptly? Ms Kim said you kind of spazzed awake. Sudden movements put a lot of stress on the joints. It's more common than you think."

I listen to her diagnosis carefully. It does make a lot of sense, so that's probably what happened. Maybe I'm overthinking.

"Leave the cast on for at least 3 days just in case the pain becomes inflamed or is an injury of much larger scale," she tells me warmly, smiling. "When your 3 days are over, come back in and we'll do some final checkups, okay?"