49

1 Day left to end of soulmate bond

THIRD PERSON POV

Morning, 10am

Minjun walks into the building once more, checking up on the subject's progress. He heard a lot of shouting last night just before he left, knowing his soulmate was doing her job well. As soon as he enters the room she's in even he gets a shock at her appearance.

She's bruised all over her face, eyes shut tightly dried tears crusting around them. Her arms and legs look limp and lifeless even without the drug in her system, her stomach is slouched in an unnatural way, the pain very evident from her posture of sleep.

His breath hitches at the sight, what little sense of humanity he has left almost getting to him. He had never been a believer of fate, but after crossing paths with Hyerin he became a changed man. To fulfil both of their biggest desires they needed each other, hence why this plan of kidnapping seemed so perfect. Hyojin was the gateway to Jimin's fall for Minjun while Hyerin can get a piece of her action on her grudge in the process.

He looks down at the vulnerable female, tapping his feet impatiently. The guards take the hint and pick her up forcefully and slumping her back on the chair, tying her up once more. She opens an eye at the older male, face void of any emotion.

At this point she couldn't feel her face or any part of her body at that matter, numbing to everything around her. It was sad to see her so broken, her pitiful sight enough to crack the shell of even a stone-cold heart.

"Now that you're awake, we wait," he begins, clearing his throat and looking away.

She blinks at him, unsure of what he means. He grows impatient at her lack of vocal expression, turning to her furiously.

"Today is the day your precious Jimin should be on his way to save you. Aren't you excited? Hm?" He questions her.

Tears well up in Hyojin's eyes secretly, not wanting to give them away to the world. She is truly happy, but worried at the same time that he may get hurt. Her eyes are swollen, easily clamping shut shutting out her kidnapper in the room.

"You will answer when you're spoken too!" He shouts out of the blue, finally unable to take her silence.

Even the guards flinch at his voice, but Hyojin shows no reaction at all.

"Say something..." he desperately grits his teeth. At this point he begins to lose his mind. One characteristic he definitely inherited from his father would be that he's a perfectionist. As long as there is a little bug in his plan he will lose it.

"You think you hate Jimin, when you really don't," she breathes out weakly.

His eyes widen, not expecting her answer. Why isn't she begging? Shouldn't she be afraid of me?

"You're sad, Minjun. You miss your mom," she continues, beginning to look up at him.

"No I don't! I don't miss that pathetic bitch at all!" He grabs her frail figure quickly.

"You're angry that she showed Jimin more affection, aren't you?"

"No, no that's not true," he croaks.

"You've been holding a grudge against her for years. Now that she's gone you won't ever get the answers you needed all those years before, isn't that right Minjun?"