04

HYOJIN POV

1130pm

"Hyojin. Ki Hyojin," I say. I notice his eyes disappear when he smiles. Who is this guy exactly? For some reason I don't feel any sense of stranger danger with Jimin.

"Ki Hyojin... thats's a very unique surname you have there," he smiles even wider, running his fingers through his dyed blonde hair. Its true, only 26,000 people in Korea have the same surname as me. I guess that makes my name more memorable for people.

I smile politely, trying to use my hair to cover the pink stains forming on my cheeks. "What are you doing here then, Jimin?" I ask curiously, breaking the silence that formed between us again.

"Oh, I wanted a great view of the city at night, to sit here and watch the stars. We all need a getaway, you know?" The light in his eyes seem to waver a little, showing there was more depth to his statement than he claims.

"You come here often, don't you?" he assumes, a hint of playful mischief making its way through his voice. I look at him, my interest piqued now. "Yeah, how did you–"

"Intuition. You can think of it as if you've told me before. You give it away in your expression," he says, arching one eyebrow at me and smirking. Am I that easy to read? What puzzles me most about his statement was his choice of words. What did he mean by as if you told me before?

I decide to move closer to join him at the railing. The view at night is the main reason I come up here almost everyday. Suddenly as I am reaching the railing Jimin grabs my arm firmly.

"Careful, Hyojin! Don't get to close. It's dangerous," I can feel the anxiety pulsing through his arm as he warns me frantically, eyes now wide and begging me to take a step back.

What's with him now? I'm just standing next to him on the safe side of the railing. It's not like I'm about to go onto the ledge...

Suddenly images of Jimin and I shoot through my head, causing me to stumble back a bit. The roof, the ledge and falling... It comes in a split second and then it goes away. I'm having a sense of deja vu but I don't know what from. And just like how instant those images came to mind, I've already forgotten what made me stumble back.

"Hyojin, are you okay? I shouldn't have grabbed you like that I'm sorry. You worried me, moving so close to the edge of the railing," Jimin apologises, guilt written all over his face. He thinks he's the reason I almost fell backwards.

"Nono, it's not that. I just felt a sudden sense of deja vu... But I don't know from what," I explain hesitantly, half wondering why I'm telling him all this. I see his eyes widen in surprise and look away, deep in thought. What is he thinking about?

"Uh, Jimin?" I call out to him, seeming to break his train of thought. "Huh?" he cluelessly sounds, his eyes having no trouble finding mine.

"It's kinda late and I'm hungry. Have you eaten?" I ask suggestively. To be very honest, Jimin is really good looking. Like really good looking. And something about him really intrigues me. I definitely want to know more about him. He eyes become crescent moons again as he smiles widely.

"I have, but I'm hungry again. Are you asking me to eat with you, Hyojin?" oh, he is good.

I smile at him, not hiding the rose tint in my cheeks now. "You're an interesting character, Jimin. I don't know what it is about you, but I feel like I've met you before."

"In that case, there's a convenient store nearby. Let's go," He opens the roof door for me as we make our descent down.

Mmmm. The smell of ramyeon in the cool of night always makes me happy. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jimin comes back with his ramyeon now cooked and happily takes a seat next to me at the store window. Just as he opens up the lid I plop a slice of cheese down on his noodles.