01

JIMIN POV

Monday, 4pm

Time is a funny thing to me. I treasure my time a lot yet I feel like each day I'm just wasting my time breathing. Everyone seems like they want to take my time away, when I just want time alone.

"I'm home!" a loud voice echoes through the plain walls of the tiny apartment, along with the sound of the door closing.

"Oh hyung, how was your first day at work?" I asked half-heartedly, hoping he'll just leave me alone or not hear my question at all.

"It was great. The students really listen to my insights. I think I'd like to apply for full-term philosophy professor at the university," Namjoon said with a bright smile on his face.

Hyung has a really nice smile. I wonder what it's like to actually feel like smiling. He slams the door shut and begins to take off his brown coat and purple tie, unbuttoning his dress shirt. A door in the hallway opens and shuffling can be heard on the wooden tiles.

"Yah Namjoon, you are too loud. I was recording something now I gotta edit your voice out," a grumpy Yoongi mumbles with half-open eyes. I can't tell if he's furrowing his eyebrows or just not opening his eyes at all whenever he's angry.

"Sorry, hyung. Hope your music goes well! Fighting" Namjoon happily chides, whereas Yoongi just glares weirdly at him before returning to his makeshift studio.

We all agreed to share an apartment together because we couldn't afford one on our own. Namjoon is an adjunct philosophy professor at a university, hence he comes home pretty early sometimes and doesn't work every day of the week. Yoongi is a music producer. It's not easy starting off as one, currently he's just making commercial jingles and uploading demos of his own online until he lands a project for a big and upcoming band. I admire both of them, at least they can pursue their dream careers at ease. It was hard talking to my father on pursuing dance as he was persistent on the family business. Who the fuck wants to sit in an office chair for hours doing paperwork? I guess if I chose to follow him I'd have sufficient money to sustain myself as well as the rest, but because I left the family business and refused to be an heir have I set myself for financial trouble. Doesn't matter though, even without his support I am far better off than if I were sitting at his desk.

"Jimin-ah, don't forget what day it is today," Namjoon tells me before putting the groceries he bought on his way back home in the fridge. Oh shit.

"Yeah thanks, hyung," I say in a rush, getting off the countertop and walking out of the kitchen to get ready to leave.

After running along the streets, I decided to buy a cute mochi plush toy off a store window. Ugh, why does it look like that? The bus ride was 15 minutes but it felt like an hour knowing how screwed I was.

I walked up to the apartment and a lady walking out opened the door for me, hence I didn't have to buzz myself in. Level 6, level 6... hurry up... I started praying silently in the lift she won't kill me. After what seemed like an eternity the lift door opened and I half-sprinted to her doorstep. Catching my breath, I let myself in without thinking twice or noticing that the door was already open before. "Chaeyoung-ah! Happy–"

Oh.

Chaeyoung scrambled to cover herself while pushing the half-naked guy off her, causing him to fall on to the couch. Both pairs of eyes looking at me wide-eyed. One filled with guilt and fear, the other just surprised and a bit mocking. "I'll call you later, babe," the unknown man dare say right in front of me before leaving.

I turned to look at her, at her grief-stricken face. "Anniversary" was all I blankly stated, wanting to at least just finish the sentiment I was trying to say when opening her door. I sat the plushie down on the counter with a lack of emotion.