18

A/N: I'm done with my major assignment!! Thank you for being patient with me:") jimin looks so beautiful here

HYOJIN POV

1145pm

Fuck fuck fuck. Maybe I should have thought this through.

As my pace begins to slow down Jimin switches roles with me and runs in front, tightly grasping my arm pulling me along. We're running through streets we've never even been through before, anything to get away from the dangerous group of men chasing us down.

"Why... would you... do that!" Jimin pants heavily, voice wavering but anger highly evident in his speech.

I stumble forward a bit, unable to properly keep up with his pace. "We... need to test... it out," I breathe, "If we c-can travel together... this time."

Fear strikes deep in my heart as I hear loud angry voices shouting behind us getting closer real fast. Too fast.

"You fucking bitch! Get back here!"

A tiny whimper unintentionally escapes my lips. This doesn't go unnoticed by Jimin as he pulls me closer to him and keeps running. I look up to him and he's looking around scared, constantly looking for a sharp turn to escape. We take two sharp turns and I slowly hear the noises behind us die down. Taking a deep breath of courage, I turn behind.

"We lost them," I pant, feeling slightly relieved.

Jimin yanks my hand and runs faster to the nearest left corner. "They split up, remember? Keep moving."

We turn in but its a dead end, with a barbed-wire fence blocking our way out. Shit.

I frantically look around and spot a huge dustbin at the side. "Jump, I'll hoist you," I hurry him, holding my hand out for him to use as a boost. However he looks absolutely disgusted at my idea. "No way in hell am I getting into that fucking bin." Is he being serious?

"You get in or you die trying! We don't have a lot of time you know!" I hiss. Did he really prefer getting killed to dumpster diving?

"Oh my god, what if there's some ratatouille shit going on in there," he starts freaking out, pacing around and running his hands anxiously through his hair.

"We're about to be murdered by gangsters and you're worried if there's a rat that wants to be a fucking chef in the goddamn dumpster?" I shout at him uncontrollably. The audacity.

I don't realise how loud my voice is until I see our way out blocked by the men swarming in on us. I look around, desperately hoping I'll catch a glimpse of a miracle exit. But I don't. Pure regret is all I'm capable of feeling right now. I look over to Jimin and I can tell he feels the same.

Jimin stands in front of me, arms out in a protective manner. They advance toward us, the fat bald guy I threw the rock at walking in front of the rest. He looks at me behind Jimin and grins disgustingly, bearing his yellow rotting teeth.

"What you did wasn't nice at all girly, but you're lucky you're hot. What say you do me a favour and maybe I won't be angry at you anymore? Just hand her over to us and we won't hurt you, boy," he slurs suggestively. Gross and nauseating.

I step in front of Jimin enough to spit at the man, the gross shot landing on his face and shirt. I hear him shriek in utter disgust and Jimin's head makes a sharp turn to me, eyes wide and silently asking if I have a death wish. Afraid he'll take his anger out on Jimin, I pull him backwards with me, creating a safer distance from the gang leader.

"Fuck! You can forget about me ever being nice to you, bitch. Any last words from you or the boy?" He rages, whistling a signal. Suddenly his gang members reach for their knives, wielding them threateningly us. I stare them down, narrowing my eyes in an attempt not to let my fear be known. After a while, I feel confident and just shrug.

"What time is it?"

All movement stops, everyone looking at me confused. After a second of silence, the man just laughs heartily. "You're about to die and you want to know what time it is? Fine, little girl." He takes a look at his phone.

"11:59."

Just in time.

I hear him shout a command, but everything is a blur. All I care about is Jimin and I making our escape. God, please, let me be right about this, or I'll never forgive myself. I reach for Jimin's hand and he pulls me to a tight embrace. I open my eyes from their tightly shut position before just in time to see a man up-close knife ready to stab us. My eyes widen, heart beating at an alarming rate.

00:00.

I don't see anything else before a bright light takes over my whole vision and I feel the ground open up, taking me and Jimin into abyss.

No!

"Ah!" I sit up suddenly, heart beating out of my chest. I look to my side and see Jimin struggling to catch his breath, wide-eyed and wincing. We're back in Jimin's bed. Does this mean it worked?

"Jimin?" I call him softly, cautious.

He collects his thoughts and immediately takes me into his arms. He holds the back of my head tightly, as if afraid. "Fucking hell Hyojin, don't do that ever again. Please." His hands are slightly trembling.

We did it.

I've truly met my soulmate.

I hold Jimin tightly, never wanting to let him go.

HYERIN POV

130pm

God, Dowon is the boring person alive. I listen to him half-heartedly, twirling my ice cream around in my mouth. I swear I've already caught him staring at three other girls in the span of time we've been here at the ice cream shop. Somehow the more he talks the more I get a weird feeling. In a quick flash random images flash through my mind.

....Ji...Min?