40

JIMIN POV

I meet Hyojin in the elevator on our way to meet my father. He called us both in, and I'm not sure what he has to say. Ever since I've started working here I've barely talked to him, not because I feel bitter for having to succumb to the duties of being the CEO's son but more because I have no time on my hands. I don't go home to see him and on weekends I teach dance. I look over to Hyojin who looks back at me proud. Her aura is more intoxicating today, and I just think it might be a little dangerous to leave us two alone.

"What are you thinking about, Ki Hyojin?" I drag, giving her a playful smoulder.

She shakes her head, her beautiful smile never leaving her face. "I'm just... proud of you. I know you're not doing this because you want to, but I think you're on the right track in mending your relationship with your father."

The playful glint in my ears disappear. Am I really? I can't remember when he's felt like an actual father to me, nor has he ever seen me as his son more than the continuation of his bloodline.

We knock on the door and hear him grunt a command. I open the door for Hyojin and she walks into the room, commanding everyone's attention on her without effort. This woman, is all mine.

"Have a seat, there are a few things I want to talk about."

We take our seat and I feel my hands fidget. This is the first time I'm facing up to him since I've accepted his offer to take over Minjun's position indefinitely.

"I must say son, I am very impressed with how you've handled business here. Things have picked up a lot faster ever since Minjun's troubles."

My eyes droop but I look to his face with hope. The word "impressed" is not heard from my father very often, hence this makes me feel a million things at once. 

"And," he continues, a strain in his voice becoming evident. He looks over to Hyojin, who looks hopeful and prodding him on with a gentle smile. "Hyojin shed some light on me a while ago, and it made me realise I don't try hard enough to be a real father to both you and Minjun. One day, we will have a talk about your mother. Whether you want to or not."

Despite opening up to me in the slightest manner, he still holds his usual authority in his tone of voice. I'm not phased by it, understanding he will take a while to break the barrier between him and me and hyung.