23

TAEHYUNG POV

TAEHYUNG POV

Thursday, 9am

As usual, I'm the earliest to clock in. Today is the first day all three of us are scheduled together. I'll get to know Hyojin and Jimin better.

You already know she's taken. Move on already.

Sigh.

I hear the bell ring and both of them walk in together. Hyojin has the brightest smile on her face, waving enthusiastically at me.

"Good morning, hyung!" She beams.

I'm surprised she's got so much energy when it's only the start of the day. I smile back at her, but all I see is her hand intertwined in his.

"Aish, quit calling me that..."

She rolls her eyes at my attitude. "Fine. But I'll only settle on V, we good? I ain't calling you that fucking name."

My eyes light up instantly. "Done."

"God, you're so weird."

Cough cough.

we both turn our heads to Jimin, who's eyeing me down suspiciously. "Hey man, we didn't properly meet last time. I'm Jimin, Hyojin's boyfriend."

He emphasis the last part not so subtly. We both exchange a simple smile, mirroring each other's fake expression. Hyojin goes to the back toilet to change into her uniform, leaving me alone with Jimin.

"So, how long have you been working here?" He asks unnaturally, breaking the awkward silence.

I scratch the back of my neck, looking away. "Ah, about 2 months now."

"She said she's been hanging your art up. I gotta say you're a real artist, Taehyung." He looks around as he speaks. There's genuine impress laced in his voice, the first time I'm not viewing him as some alpha male character.

"Y-yeah thanks, I'm waiting to enroll in uni for the time being. That's why I need this job."

There's an awkward hidden tension in the air after that, and none of us seem to want to clear it. Jimin's soft expression hardens a little.

"Look Taehyung, I can see that you–"

"I'm back!" Her voice booms from the back door, spilling into the cafe just as she's stepping out in her now changed uniform.

"Sorry I took so long, you can use it now Jimin." His eyes dart back to mine for a split second, before taking his uniform and turning away. Hyojin notices him go off without a word, and I can tell she feels the tension in the air.