finale

JIMIN POV

The white walls all around me remind me why hospitals are so depressing.

I'm forced to sit on a bench outside the waiting room, only being able to pray that she makes it. I wipe my tears from my eyes with shaking hands, afraid if I let them cloud my vision just for a split second she'll slip away from me forever. The sound of rushed footsteps grows louder, making me leap off my feet.

I'm met with Ms Mae's worried look, along with her husband's pity. "Oh, Jimin..."

She runs up to me and I immediately take her into my embrace. I squeeze her hard in my arms, her comfort feeling just like my mother's used to.

"She'll be alright. We'll have to stay strong for her," she sobs into my chest.

I whimper in response, only pushing myself into her warm arms.

Eventually I let go, gesturing her to rest on the bench I was sitting before. Mr Na comes up to me, tears falling from his old eyes. "Jimin, I just want to apologise on behalf of my daughter. I know this will never change anything, but I am appalled and sad that she has grown so distant from everything that she resorts to such inhumane measures."

He puts his hand near my back, hesitating to comfort me or not. I look away, conflicted. I know he's nothing like her, but he reminds me so much of the reason my Hyojin is fighting for her life. "You're right, it doesn't. But still, t-thank you," I speak curtly with him.

"I've never met anyone like her Jimin, she'll make it. Hold on to your faith," he smiles sadly before an officer escorts him out. He probably has a lot of questioning he needs to do, feeling betrayed by his own flesh and blood.

I watch his figure disappear down the hallway, my gaze shifting to Ms Mae on the bench holding her fingers together tightly shaking.

I kneel in front of her, hands clenched into fists. "I'm so sorry, Ms Mae. I-I couldn't protect her, I should have done more it's all my fault, I-I—"

She brings me in abruptly, stopping me from going further. I can't hold back anymore and sob hard into her arms. I feel nothing but regret and guilt at this moment, knowing I endangered this woman's only daughter yet she's sitting here comforting me.

"Jiminie, I do not blame you. It's not your fault, please don't ever think it was," she strokes my hair soothingly, the love and care radiating from her make me feel like I really don't deserve it.

"You were the best thing that ever happened to her, Jimin. I'm so thankful you came into her life. Without you, I never would've gotten to reunite with her. You remind me a lot of her father too. Please take care of her now, I trust you to her."

She pulls my face away and wipes my tears with her trembling thumb. I manage out a weak smile, before taking a seat next to her. The two couples come into view, rushing up to us. Tae and Yoongi give me a comforting hug, swollen eyes letting me know they share my pain as well. "How is she?" Chae asks, Heeyoung silent but eyes full of worry.