38

JIMIN POV

"Are you okay?"

I look at her sitting across from me, silently sipping on her strawberry latte. She hasn't spoken a word since we walked into Myeongjang, even before then she didn't say much on our way here.

Her chocolate doe eyes shoot up at me and I unintentionally feel my breath taken away. She looked so effortlessly beautiful, just staring at her can literally make my day.

"Jimin?"

My thoughts are shaken and I see her staring at me weirdly, only making me realise she was saying something before. "Huh?"

She looks confused for a second, before giggling innocently. "I was saying... Hyerin said something weird to me today."

Her smiles fades and now she looks concerned. "W-what is it?" I nervously ask her.

"I think she found... her soulmate."

"Wait, and you're thinking—"

"Just like us? Yeah. I know it sounds crazy, but what we have is also crazy," she puts her chopsticks down and looks into my eyes with determination.

"What did she say to make you think that?" 

"She told me they had 'special abilities', as she put it. It kinda hinted at that, and I don't think we should take it lightly. Something about her makes me feel like she's plotting something big," 

I nod, looking away from her. I honestly don't see what she has against Hyojin, considering they haven't even properly talked to each other much.

"Just, stay away from her on campus, okay?" She nods, flashing a quick half-smile.

I kiss her forehead and stroke her hair lightly, before bringing my drink to the back helping Ms Mae with our used utensils. "Wait Jiminie..." I hear her call.

I spin around quickly, eyes wide with surprise. She mirrors my expression before nervously looking down and playing with her fingers.