30

HYOJIN POV

HYOJIN POV

5pm

"You got this!" The sunshine cheers loudly, contrasting to my laboured breaths and sounds of struggle.

"Hoe...sok... how do you have so much energy," I pant out.

He just flashes his famous heart-smile. "Talent, I guess. You keep doing this part wrong."

He steps next to me as I watch his movements in the mirror, watching closely at his footwork. I pick up easily, that's the good thing. The bad thing that I always struggle with my footwork. I can watch and reciprocate a dance move faster than a beginner, which is great except I tend to leave out on footwork as it's more complicated than just surface work.

"Got it?" He looks to me expectantly, in which I nod uncertainly. He sighs, but his eyes still shine with hope. I go slow at first, looking to him smiling. I take this as a confidence boost and start to repeat the same dance faster and faster. Hoseok starts to feel the energy rise, and his smile grows wider each time I manage to hit a move right.

"Hell yes! You're doing great Hyojin!" He shouts into my ear. I'm still not used to his volume, but it excites me to my core. I'm off to a good start!

As he starts to wrap up the class, something smelly hits my nose. It starts growing stronger, and I feel the need to cloak my nose with the neckline of my shirt. Oh my god, what is that? Then I hear a pair of footsteps come to a halt.

"Yah, Ki Hyojin."

Ah, that explains it.

I whip around, not bothering to remove my shirt from my nose. "Yes, Chae..young?" I just realised I don't even know her last name.

She seems rather pissy. "You really are the lowest level of desperation. You're just begging for his attention, aren't you?"

The corners of my mouth twitch a little. I feel the urge to burst out laughing, but decide to hold it in. She really is the biggest hypocrite I've ever meant in my life.

"No no, aren't you? Come on Chaeyoung, Jimin broke up with you what, a good four or five months ago? Why so hung up on him that you feel the need to attack me like that? For me, I'm his girlfriend. For you, you're the past he doesn't want to deal with anymore. What does this say about yourself?"

She seems stunned by my statement, almost looking like it was physically inflicting. She's about to come back at me when Jimin walks into the room with his duffle bag on his shoulder, catching both of our attention.

"Let's go, soulmate!" He cheers happily before looking up at the both of us and feeling the tension.

For a moment Chaeyoung looks surprised to see him here. I read from her face that she probably hardly sees him anymore, neither does he acknowledge her presence as much. "Jimin," she calls, her voice like nails scratching a blackboard.

His lips form a thin line almost in an instant. "What."

She takes a step closer to him, the sudden action causing me to stiffen up at my spot. As much as I hate to admit it, she still intimidates me. She looks like everything a guy would want, and compared to me she might just look like an actual goddess.

"How have you been? I've missed you," she says shyly, although I detect insecurity laced behind her tone.

He doesn't spare her another glance before reaching for my hand to walk out together. "Better without you." I hear her scoff out a reply but don't get to hear the end of it as Jimin walks out with me fingers intertwined.

As we're walking back home he doesn't say a word but grips my hand tight.

"Don't you think that was a little mean?" I ask him quietly. Even though I was just having a showdown with her, his reply seemed a little too much. I see him cock an eyebrow at me and sigh.

"Weren't you literally just dissing each other? And no, I don't regret how I acted. Her mere presence could just get me to relapse."

I nod slowly, suddenly feeling down. Jimin's life has looked so bright nowadays I forget how much of a terrible influence Chaeyoung ever was on him.

"You'll get frown wrinkles," He looks at me pouting. I smile a little, trying to pick up the happy atmosphere again.

"I just wish I met you earlier, then you wouldn't have to go through all that."

He stops walking and places his hands delicately on the sides of my face, leaning in quickly for a kiss. "I'm already thankful I have you here with me now, Ki Hyojin. I'm more than happy to have you as my soulmate." My cheeks flush scarlet red, looking down at my shoes to hide my creeping smile.

"I love you, Park Jimin. I'll love you to the end of time."

His eyes sparkle at that. I swear he secretly holds the universe in them. "I'll love you till then too, Ki Hyojin."

I giggle at his cuteness. "I'm hungry. Odeng?"

His eyes turn into mini crescents again. "My girl."

TAEHYUNG POV

7pm

Jimin and Hyojin had dance lessons earlier, so it's just me, Imo and Ms Mae at Myeongjang today.

Just thinking about what she said a few days ago still leaves a sharp pain in my heart. Jimin is a really good friend to me, and I feel bad for chasing after Hyojin. But I can't control how I feel about her, she's someone so perfect, but I'm just not the lucky one she needs. As much as I want to take time away from her, our lives are so involved with each other it's almost impossible. I'll be seeing them for work soon, and her around in the university.

Just as I'm deep in thought a customer taps on the counter lightly grabbing my attention. I look at her and she seems pretty annoyed. "Dude, I've been calling."

I rub the back of my neck sheepishly, apologetic. "I'm sorry, what would you like?"

She seems tired, her eyebags not hiding the fact that she probably hasn't been sleeping well for awhile now. "Espresso, double shot."

I nod and proceed to key it in when I hear her gasp.

"I know you, you were stacking up coffee packets at Daehyun right?"

Then it clicks in my head. No wonder she looked familiar. She sees me remembering and smiles tiredly at me.

"Chaeyoung."