13

It's been a week since the incident happened.

Ever since that day, Katsuki had stopped coming to the flower shop and never did again you saw his face. You kept on hoping that you'll see him in the end of the day but you kept on disappointing yourself for getting your hopes up.

I wanted to apologize.

What you did is inexcusable and you knew you hurt him. You regret being indecisive and rash, and it hurts everytime you remember how Katsuki's face contorted into a hurt expression when you told him to leave.

Your eyes narrowed on the withering petals of your roses and seemes like they are also grieving along with you. You never wanted to hurt him nor dare to hurt him in any way, but you also want to protect Monoma.

"Hi dear." you almost jumped when an old woman greeted you from behind.

You placed the pruners that you were holding on the top of the counter before turning your gaze upon the woman, "Chiyo-san!" you faked a smile.

You can't simply bring yourself to smile genuinely these days, being bothered by the conflict happened a week ago. It's been so stressful these days since the hanamatsuri is approaching fast and people from all over town are buying flowers for the festival.

You had to work your butt off really hard since flowers are in demand and flower shops can rarely be seen in Musutafu due to the few shops in the city. You've been so busy nowadays that you only had to move your opening hours an hour earlier than the usual to serve the people buying flowers.

You turned to the old woman behind you and you can see her frowning, making you raise your brows in curiosity, "Uh...Chiyo-san? Is there something wrong?"

"You seemed down, love. Are you alright?" noticing how pale and somehow lost weight, Chiyo was worried about you.

Chiyo Shuzenji, a nurse from a nearby clinic and one of your loyal customers who buys flowers for her little clinic frequently.

Chiyo is a short, elderly woman with gray hair styled into a netted bun, and whenever she has time, she would hang around your flower shop and you two will talk about things which is kinda therapeutic for you since your friends and boyfriend are busy with work you can't find the courage to ask them to hang with you since you are now working adults. You can't possibly ask them because you knew that it would be troublesome sometimes.

Your palm cupped your right cheek to see if something was wrong with your face but found none, "Uhm, I think I'm alright? What's up, Chiyo-san?"

Clearly, Chiyo could see how restless you were. She could even see those dark eyebags under your eyes and your rather pale complexion.

Truth to be told, you can't find yourself to sleep properly at night. It seems like your brain likes to replay the incident with Katsuki a week ago and your conscience is really bugging you on how much you regretted what you said.

"Sweetheart, are you sure you're alright? Are you troubled by something?" due to her background as a nurse, Chiyo just wanted to make sure you are fine.

Chiyo has became fond of you and she looks at you as if you are already her granddaughter that she never had.

Despite her kind and compassionate personality, where she treats everyone kindly, though she does have a strict and reproaching attitude towards those that have done something foolish. 

Shaking your head as you tried to deny it, you laughed it out as you avert your eyes away from her while fixing the flowers in front of you to avoid her from scanning you, "I'm fine, I'm fine! What are you talking about, Chiyo-san? Haha!"