𝐛 𝐨 𝐧 𝐮 𝐬

Day 1

"She has been gone since yesterday," I said, trying to remain cool but in reality, I'm freaking the hell out.

"Yes, your highness."

I sucked in a breath, "And what have you got?"

"Nothing so far, your highness." Efren took a huge gulp of water.

"What have you done so far?"

"We looked at the security footage from the hotel and traffic cameras, located the van which was used to transport her. Someone is trying to hack into the GPS signal from the satellites in hopes that the van has travelled to the location which she is held at. Other men have been going to all the abandoned places since yesterday as well."

My anger subsided a little as that's exactly what I would have done. The anger turned into worried and added on to the huge worry which I already have.

"Where is the hacker guy?"

"In the library."

I nodded and walked away from where I'm standing near the stairs, towards the library. I walked in and saw a guy with black hair and dark blue glasses sitting in front of two laptops with other tech stuff plugged into them. There was a sound from one of the laptops and a bright red dot was shown on the screen. "Yes!" He immediately stood up from the chair and jumped when he saw me standing behind.

"Your highness, I, um found a location which the van has been to three times in the past week."

"Where?" I asked.

"The amino science lab that was shut down."

"Thank you." I quickly left the room.

Forty minutes later, we arrived at the science lab and the three of us pulled out the guns and flashlights before heading inside.

"I have a bad feeling," Peter said as we walked in.

"There would be something very wrong if you didn't have a bad feeling." I snapped.

That might have come off a little harsh, but I'm not in the mood for chit-chat. I just want her back.

"Do we split up?" Efren asked as we walked past the used to be security card scanner for employees.

I looked to my left at the sign near the lift where they wrote where are all the different labs located. As I walked closer, I saw that there's a marker circled around the third floor. That can't be coincident, Alveanea's kidnapper left it for us to find.

"They knew we would be here." Efren quietly.

Peter looked around, "And no one is here to kill us."

"Let's go to the third floor and see what they left behind for us to find."

I pressed the lift button but there was silence. Right, the building hasn't been in operation for a few years now.

"The stairs are over there." Efren pointed to it.

Once we reached the third floor, very distinctive chemical smells filled up my nose and I grimaced in response.

"The floor." Peter shone his torchlight on the floor and there's a big arrow painted.

After a minute, we walked into an empty room and thankfully the chemical smell not as strong in here. There was a table in the middle on the room with a box placed on it.

Efren stopped me when I started walking towards it, "We have to make sure it isn't a bomb first."

I nodded and took a few steps back with Peter. The worry was really clouding my brain. Efren threw his torchlight at the box, causing it to move a little. We waited a few seconds and there was no bomb.