T W E N T Y - T H R E E

"Took you long enough to find me."

"That's-"

"You left Viktor all alone after your parents died."

"That's because they shipped me off to Fiji!" Peter raised his voice which earned some stares from the people nearby, he noticed it too and took a deep breath. "All the way to the other side of the world. If I tried to leave the country, Felon has some contacts at the airport who will report me to him and I'm a dead man. At least he still has some humanity left to provide me with a new identity and an one room apartment."

"But obviously you escaped at some point." I stated.

"Took me over fifteen years to do so. The first three years I worked and studied non-stop trying to earn as much money to be able to pay for the school fees in the technological school and pass the entrance exam for it as well. The next four years were spent in school and managed to graduate. After that, I worked for a company for five years to gain experience and such to finally achieve my goal which was to work for the airport security. Once I started working there, I had to work my way all the way to the top tier to which took me three years be able to access those people who were not allowed to pass security. That part was very tricky for me as my name was not in the usual domain but in another private domain as the person in Felon's contact did some off the books shady stuff. Once I did it, I immediately flew all the way to some quiet part of France and laid low."

"And you kept tabs on him."

"The both of you, actually. Took me a while to track you down and all I had to do is make you and Viktor meet. I've observed the route that you took back to your place and cross reference with Viktor going to the bakery around the corner. Viktor still hasn't found peace after all this years, trying to find out what happened to me and I also knew that I had to take down felon."

"Now he's gone." Tears were threatening to escape, I held them back.

"It's not your fault. I should've seen him sooner when I had that chance, but we at least texted that day when he died." I saw him wiping away his tears.

"So what now?" I asked after a minute of silence.

"I'm supposed to be the one asking you that question, you're staying at a mansion with the prince of Spain."

"How did-"

"I tracked the location of your phone."

"I'm going to let that slide for now."

"Can't believe you're in bed with the prince." He scoffed. The hell-

I narrowed my eyes at him then he realised it came out wrong.

"I meant figuratively, not literally." He cleared his throat.

"He gave me a list of people who could be working with felon and help cover up the investigation."

"He ask his grandfather for help?"

"Yeah... but they're not exactly on good term right now, I don't want to force him into anything since he's done so much for me already."

"You met him in Palencia?"

"In a coffee shop, didn't know he's the prince at that time." I was stupid to not have seen that coming.

"How'd you find out?"

"He booked a cabin for a day and some guy posed as a delivery guy tried to kill either one of us or both."

"So which is it?"

"Don't know, I'll ask him about it later." I shrugged.

"Well, I have somewhat of a lead of my own, I know the location of where felon stores his drugs in Spain. Thought your prince could help to raid it, capture some of his men and try to get through to them."