T H I R T Y - N I N E

Nicandro pulled my waist closer to him till our bodies were touching while my hand moved up to his collar and pulled it down to deepen the kiss. The kiss lasted for a few more seconds before we both pulled away, but our bodies still in close proximity and we could hear each other's breathing.

We couldn't do the whole forehead-to-forehead thing as I was so much shorter than him so we did the forehead-to-head thing. Nicandro's about one head taller than me, I'm 160cm (5 ft 3), he's 180cm (5 ft 9).

"Wh-what did you mean by that?" I tried to catch my breath while my heart is pounding like crazy.

His hands traced my arm all the way up to my shoulder that sent shivers down my spine, "My grandfather."

I had almost forgotten that he saw me, "Right."

"So tonight might be the last time that we-"

I put a finger on his mouth, "Don't, I hate goodbyes."

He grabbed my hand off his mouth and placed it to his chest, "Then we just stand here for the next few minutes."

"Okay."

It has not been a minute when I heard someone clearing their throat and I quickly stepped away from Nicandro. I just happened to lost balance on my heels but thankfully Nicandro grabbed me by my waist and I managed to gain back balance again.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I straightened my posture and put my hair behind my ears.

"Your highness, his majesty has requested for you." The security kept a straight face.

"See you later." He gave me a small smile and walked away from me.

I watched him disappear from my view as my heart rate slowed down. What the heck happened?

I touched my lips and felt that it's a little puffed up from the kissing.

I had just kissed the prince of Spain!

Holy cow...

I liked it. Actually more than liked...

In a normal world, we would both confess we have romantic feelings for one another and our family may not accept us, but eventually we do get our happy ending. In this world, confessing our feelings for one another would cause our goodbye to be harder and his grandfather will do anything in his power to ensure we're not together. Furthermore, even me being here has proven to me that I'll never fit into his life because of our different nationalities.

I made my way down after a few minutes and saw that the ballroom has much less people in it as some of them went to the auction. I briefly looked over everyone to ensure I don't have a run in with the king again and I don't see him or any members of the royal family which means they have to be involved in the auction. I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and a fruit tart and walked around before I found a quiet spot in the garden surrounded by bushes. There were only a few people in the garden, a man making a phone call which his tone sounded annoyed and three kids playing with the water by the pond.

I heard the sound of heels walking towards me and hoped that whoever that is not looking for me. However, as usual, the universe is always not on my side.

"I've been wanting to talk to you tonight." I shifted uncomfortably as she took a seat next to me.

I looked up to see Aletta Castillo. Great, she the second person on my list who I don't want to talk to, especially with what just happened.

"Congratulations, now you found me." I said nonchalantly.

"So how's Nicandro?"

"You could just ask him yourself." I put the last bit of cookie into my mouth.