T H I R T Y - F O U R

"Nikita, don't go. Please." I sobbed and squeeze her hand tighter.

"Tiana, look at me." She said softly and I slowly lift my head up.

Nikita's face was turning paler by the second and I can tell that she's barely holding it together with all the tubes and needles in her.

"You will be okay." A tear rolled down her cheeks.

"I'll never be okay without you." I could barely form a sentence with all the sobbing.

"Adopting you was the best decision I've ever made."

"And you're the best foster mom I could've ever ask for." I sniffled.

"I love you, Tiana. So much." She said weakly.

"I love you too, Nikita."

I wiped my tears and heard a flatline sound on the heart monitor. I looked at Nikita, her eyes were closed and her hand slowly released from mine. I hugged her one last time, not ready let go forever yet.

"Get someone here to bring the body down to the morgue and call someone to get her properties since she doesn't have a next of kin." I heard someone said.

"What about the girl?" Another voice said.

"She's just a foster kid that the patient adopted. Call the foster home and get them to pick her up."

"Noted." I heard footsteps retreating.

I can't stay here. I'll be taken back to foster care and I won't go back to that place as all they do is get you ready for blue collar jobs when you leave there. I want to be better, I want to get a chance to have a normal job. I touch the necklace that I'm wearing which Nikita gave me which has a engraving 'endure till the end'. And that's what I'm going to do.

I kissed her forehead before leaving the hospital and rushing back to the apartment before those people came in and take all her things away. I took a bagpack and just put those things which I need inside the bag, taking the six hundred dollar stash that Nikita had in case of an emergency.

When I was ready to head out of the door, I just realised I had no idea where I was going at all. Where am I going to stay? How long am I able to be on my own before I starve to death? Will I be homeless forever? My body started shaking because of the sudden fear taken over me of being on my own for the next few years.

But I went out anyways and disappear into the busy streets of Moscow, finding a way to fit in.

I was woken up by the banging on the door and slowly opened my eyes. I saw the same two men standing at the door with a blank face.

"It's time, stand up."

I did as he said and stood in front of him. The other guy held out handcuffs and I stretch my arms for him to put the handcuffs on me. We walked to the metal door and I saw him scan his fingerprint which leads us to the interrogation room and one of them put a cloth bag over my head before walking through the door that Luis entered the room. We walked about a minute before we stopped and I heard the lift door opening. I must have been underground.

Once the door opens, I knew that we were in the carpark as all carparks has a certain smell. I heard other footsteps as well and clocking sound of guns. I shiver at the sound and hope that there wouldn't be a gun fight later on. I also hope that Nicandro wouldn't be stupid and be at the exchange point himself.

I heard the men talking in Spanish before I heard the opening sound of the door of a van. One of the men held my shoulder and guided me onto a sit and I sat there in silence to try and listen to anything they might happen to say in English.