T W E N T Y - F O U R

Nicandro still won't budge into telling me what he had planned for tomorrow so fifteen minutes later I went back to my room, still sulking. But then I remembered that I needed to text Zen to check in and warn him that felon might be targeting him next.

Me: Hi, u doing alright?

I didn't get an immediate reply for him so I went on and continue reading my book when I felt my phone vibrate.

Zen: Hey, I'm good. U?

Me: Just wanted to give you a heads ups that felon knows that I'm involved in the bombing. He sent someone to kill me days ago so just be extra careful.

Zen: Thanks for the warning, u stay safe too.

(2) Also, which part on earth are u in now?

Me: Spain. I'm close to figuring out his real identity.

Zen: Gd luck, do rmb to drop me a text if u come back to Thailand anytime soon.

Me: Will do, talk soon.

I talked to Breton for a few minutes to check in with him as I do everyday before taking a shower. I then spent the rest of night looking through the remaining files and narrowed from over a hundred suspects to four. I put on a face mask before I went to bed, and also saw that Peter texted me.

Peter: You told your prince?

Me: Yes, it'll be done tonight.

Peter: Great. If he's beside you now, can you say hi to him for me?

I rolled my eyes at that.

Me: No and no.

Peter: Bummer. Keep me informed ok?

Me: Yep, gdnight.

The next morning, I ate my breakfast in bed while watching the news and looked over the four suspects I've narrowed down to.

1) Aletta Castillo
2) Vincente Nuez
3) Azul Reyes
4) Manuel Diaz

It was already two in the afternoon and I was starting to get bored so I started exploring my phone for no reason. When I was scrolling through my contacts for no apparent reason, I found out there was a new contact added.

Nicandro :)

I was stupidly smiling at my phone when there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to see Leya standing there.

"His royal highness requested that we help you get ready for the event you'll be attending later today." Leya said and I looked at her confused.

"An event?"

"The prince the both of you talked about it over dinner yesterday." So that was what he meant by 'going somewhere'.

"Yeah, we did. Where is this event?"

"Just some other mansion."

"Is it bigger than this?" I asked, gesturing to this mansion.

"I wouldn't know, Miss. Lets go to another room to get you ready."

"Can I ask you a question first?"

"What is it?"

"It's not a question, actually. It's more of an observation that Efren seems more than just his bodyguard."

"Let's just say something brought them closer than just the bodyguard and boss relationship."

"It's just that I've never heard Nicandro mentioned any of his friends to me before but I also know that we met not long ago and it seems to me that Efren has always been a constant in his life."