N I N E T E E N

I jumped from the sofa and just stood there, frozen.

I heard a loud thud followed by another, and lastly something dropping on the floor.

Then there was silence.

The first thing that registered in my brain is someone was sent here is to kill me. Holy shit Javier, no-

I quickly ran towards the door and saw Javier standing over a body, a gun in his hand.

"Did you-"

"No, I just knocked him out."

I just simply stood here, in shock. Someone was able to track me down all the way to this small part of Spain, to this particular cabin. He could have kill Javier, I couldn't handle another-

Javier started walking towards me, he put the gun on the counter and hugged me. My hands automatically hugged him back, I could hear him breathing in and out against my ear.

"I'm so sorry to get you involved in this." And hugged me tighter.

Get me involved? I'm sorry to get you involved! Wait why would he say that?

"I-I think he was here to kill me..." I broke off the hug and look at him.

"What are you talking about? Why would he want to kill you?" He had a confused look on his face.

"I sort of got involved with drug dealers... Why do you think he was trying to kill you?" Might as well put everything on the table now.

"You what?"

"It's complicated. I was trying to find out how my parents were murdered, and it led me to a drug dealer called felon."

"I've heard of him. And about his warehouse in Thailand being bombed."

"Well I was kind of involved in that... Now you tell me why you think he was trying to kill you."

"I... I can't tell you." He sighed.

"Now is the time to be completely transparent with each other as there is an unconscious man at the door who was sent to kill one of us."

"I'm the prince of Spain." He blurted out quickly.

"You're-" I put my hand on my forehead.

"Yep..." He looked away from me.

"How do people not recognise who you are?" I asked in disbelief, remembering that yesterday we walked down the streets together.

"This part of Spain is still kind of stuck in the nineteen hundreds, I don't think anyone living here uses the internet."

"So your name isn't Javier."

"And your name isn't Tiana, I presume." He folded his arms.

"Alveanea. I know your name is Nicandro."

"You mentioned the two private houses which my family owns that were destroyed, you were researching about it?"

"We'll discuss everything, but not now. We've got to take care of the mess right now." I gestured to the man lying on the floor.

He walked out of the door and towards his car, opened the trunk and took something. He then walked towards the unconscious man and inject something in his arm.

"What did you inject him with?"

"A sedative. Should be able to hold him off for the next couple of hours."

"You keep sedatives in your car trunk?"

"A gun and some knives too, for situations like the one that we're in right now."