S I X T E E N

"Alveanea!" I heard Breton call after me.

I ignored him, I keep on running, until I can no longer see the house and then keep on running. I stopped running when I realised I was getting cold as I ran out of the house with only wearing a sweater with t-shirt underneath and paired it with jeans, finishing it off with my converse sneakers.

After a few minutes of standing in the streets, I couldn't stand the cold anymore but yet I don't want to go home yet. I spotted this coffee shop just across me, and it doesn't look crowded at all, so I decided to go in and clear my head first before going home. I'm just hoping that the water is free of charge and they wouldn't kick me out.

There are only six people in the coffee shop. A couple on their date, two businessmen in a serious discussion, a woman reading a newspaper and a guy texting someone. I rubbed my hands together and walked towards the counter.

Before I reached the counter, I saw a small table at the side which has huge jug on it filled with water and a sign saying 'free of charge, self service.' I walked over there and poured myself a cup of water. I chose to sit the table beside that guy in the corner, praying nobody sees me in here without buying anything.

I took a sip of the water, trying to think about how I'm going to face Breton when I go back to the house.

I shouted at the man who from the moment we met has done nothing more than me kind to me and help me, I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I went back he already left. Why would he try to help someone who does nothing more than to cause him trouble and shout at him? Why even bother at all? Why-

"Hey."

I turned to see where at voice came from. It's from the guy who's sitting beside me.

"Hi."

He's around my age. Hazel eyes, dark brown hair, sharp jawline, broad arms.

"You're not going to buy anything?" He questioned me.

"I forgot to bring my wallet." And took another sip of my water.

Why the hell is he questioning me? Can't he just mind his own-

"What do you want then? It's on me." And he gave me a smile, showing his dimples.

"Uh it's fine, I'm going to leave in a few minutes." Trying to end the conversation.

"I'll tell the manager here that you're sitting here without buying anything then." He looked away from me and took a sip from his drink.

"Ok fine, I would like a vanilla latte." I quickly replied him.

"I'll be right back." He got up from his seat and walked towards the counter to order my drink.

I thought about leaving right now but having a stranger to talk to right now might be exactly what I need.

"A vanilla latte for..." He said as he handed me my coffee.

"Tiana." He's just a stranger. A good looking one, but nonetheless still a stranger.

"I'm Javier."

"Thanks for the coffee."

"No problem. So, what brings you to Spain? You definitely don't look from around here."

"I needed some time away from some... problems."

"Well you sure don't look like you're in a sharing mood so I'll not poke."

"And are you from around here?" Trying to steer the conversation towards him as I need to catch a break from thinking about how badly my conversation with Breton went.