T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Holy shit, the king of Spain is standing in front of me. He is aware of existence... which means I'm in trouble.

I think I was staring at him for too long so he decided to speak first.

"Tiana, right?" He knows my name too... well my fake name but still! I'm so dead.

"Yes... your majesty." I gulped.

"Can I come in?" I could see the annoyance in his face.

I nodded and opened the door wider for him to come in. That's when I noticed there were three guards standing beside him. Oh shoot...

We sat on the couch, sitting across one another. The guards did not come into my room and I don't know if that's a bad or good thing.

"I guess you know why I'm here." Of course, I was mentioned in every gossip website.

"Yes." I fidget with his fingers.

"Honestly, I'm impressed as to how you were able to cover your tracks." Oh crap, does he know my real identity?

"I don't know what you mean, your majesty."

"You're obviously some con artist who is waltzing your way into my grandson's heart." So he doesn't know but what he is suggesting is not great either.

"You've done your research on me." I simply stated.

"I have to be sure that my grandson, the future king of Spain, is not ruined because he for with some orphan from Russia."

I really wanted to fire back for what he just said, but this is the king of Spain I'm dealing with here so held my anger in.

"So you've done your research on every girl that he has taken interest in?" That's probably why he didn't have his first kiss until he was seventeen cause his grandfather managed to scare them off before their feelings progress.

"You're the first girl he has ever taken interest in and unfortunately you happen to be an orphan who lived in the streets for the last four years."

I wanted to smile at the first part of the sentence but wanted to scowl at the second part of the sentence so I just showed a blank face.

"Anyway, now you'll leave my grandson alone and go back to Russia. Don't worry, your plane ticket will be paid for and I'll even give you a few hundred dollars for compensate you." He broke the awkward silence.

I knew that was coming. Not only did I not figure out who felon is working for yesterday, now I'm sent back to Russia which is right back where I started.

"I'm not giving you a choice here, Tiana." He said when I did not reply him." If I don't agree he'll just send me back by force anyway.

I sighed, "Okay, I-"

That's when the door bursts open to reveal Nicandro standing there, with a frustrated look on his face.

"Grandpa." He narrowed his eyes at the grandfather.

"Nicandro."

"Let's talk outside. Now." I could see him gripping the door handle.

The king let out a sigh and stood up from the couch.

"Leave." He said low enough that Nicandro couldn't hear.

When the door closed, I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. Seconds later, there was a knock on the door and Efren walked in.

"May I come in?"

"After the conversation which I had with the king, I need a few minutes to wrap my head around what just happened." I laid back on the couch and buried my face into a pillow