𝐭 𝐞 𝐧

"Alveanea?"

"Yes, Viktor?"

Viktor and I were having the most awkward breakfast in the hotel dining hall. After last night's so-called 'talk', there were still so many unspoken thoughts and heavy tension in the air.

"I've been thinking about that conversation we had last night and..."

"And?"

He sighed. "You have a point."

"Oh."

"But I can't just leave you alone with this, plus I want to have closure on my brother's death."

"And you will. When I discover the whole truth," I took a sip of the tea, "Myself."

"Wonder how you're going to manage that," he scoffed.

"That's for me to worry about," I fired back.

Seriously? Can't he see I'm doing this for his own good?

"Well, I'm still around at least for now. I can't exactly leave you alone in Thailand, can I?" And he popped a cherry in his mouth.

Right. Of course.

"So we're not going back soon?"

"I wanted to come here for two things. One is to have a chat with Anton and another is going to the airport which your parents were at when they took the plane. We need to get into the system and look at their record to get information about the flight. Try and figure out how the plane malfunctioned."

He put the last piece of the bread into his mouth. "Let's go to the airport now."

We finally reached the airport, which took about two hours to get there by car and I was bored to death there. Not a long car ride person. The area around the airport looked quite deserted; only six planes parked at the landing zone, which makes sense as my parents probably were trying to keep their trips lowkey.

"Do I need to go over the plan again?" Viktor asked as we walked into the airport.

"Nope."

"Alright then, let's do this."

Viktor walked away from me as I walked straight ahead. I took out my phone, pretended to not look carefully where I'm walking while holding a cup of coffee and 'accidentally' ran into this guy which Viktor told me to run into. Said he was one of the main people in charge and his access pass could get what we need.

"Oh my god, sir! I'm so sorry!"

"God damn it," I heard him curse quietly.

"Can I get you a tissue or something? I'm so so sorry!"

He rolled his eyes, "It's fine. I'll manage."

Definitely not a friendly man.

"Excuse me, sir, you alright there?" Viktor popped in right on time.

"Yes," he replied nonchalantly.

"Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me the way to the boarding platform 56B?"

"To your left. Then turn right," he replied grumpily.

"Thank you, sir." And Viktor walked away.

"Again I'm so sorry sir," I said, following the script.

"It's fine."

I heard him say something in Thai which if I guessed was a curse word directed at me as he walked away.

As soon as there was a distance between us, I flashed Viktor the access card and he nodded in approval.

Twenty minutes later, we stood in front of a small building; three stories tall and located all the way at the end. From what Viktor had told me, they keep all the logs of the flights since the airport was built. The area was desolated, the only person we spotted was a cleaner. We made our way up to the second story and found ourselves in a hallway which has at least twenty doors in length. The lights around us flickered. Totally not creepy.