CHAPTER 57 - TRUTH

CHAPTER 57 - TRUTH

As we left, I couldn't help but feel uneasy as I sat next to Adam. Did he generally have no idea that I remembered who he was or that I looked in his bag? And now, here we are. Will he really help me find the person who saved me? There's no way. He's always led me to those fights, the Rioters and anything that could harm me. But I don't want to believe it. How could he be the reason for all my pain? Then I let everything sink in again.

Adam is a liar.

He gripped the steering wheel with one hand as he changed the gear and parked the car. Hannah looked outside as she opened the car door and didn't wait for me as she stood up and leaned against the car.

We didn't say anything as I rushed to the back of the car and got the wheelchair out. Adam looked at me for a moment as he sat in the driver's seat, watching me help Hannah sit down in the wheelchair.

"Well, we're here." Hannah muttered as she looked away, "Adam, come on! Is this the right place?"

Adam didn't say anything as I handed him his bag through the window before pushing Hannah through the grass, towards the outskirts of an abandoned park.

"I remember this place." I said as I touched the broken seesaw and felt Adam stare at me, "hometown."

Hannah looked at Adam for a moment as she shooed him away. He walked away, I felt the weight lifted from my shoulders as she approached me. I should be scared of her but I'm more scared of Adam.

"I need answers." I said as I looked at her, she frowned slightly as she rubbed her forehead.

"Right, what now?" Hannah asked.

I held my breath for a few moments as I looked away, thinking of how I would ask her the things I want to know about. Should I even tell her about Hoyt? No, of course not. She's in on it. I'm not safe here.

"Why did you leave?" I questioned.

She raised her eyebrows at me and sighed.

"Like I said before, I left because of a business deal. I had to break you and Anna up to get enough money to get Tracy out." Hannah answered

Looking away, I sighed. How long will she keep hiding the full truth? Completing a business deal doesn't end well at home. There's always strings attached. The only thing I want to know is what were they and why did she leave?

"No. Tell me the truth." I said.

I soon realised what I was doing as I voice in my head started asking what I was doing and what I meant by all of this. Why do I care about Hannah leaving? There's no reason. I shouldn't be asking the person who knocked me out why they left and stopped being friends with me. Afterall, it was all a set up. Crafted by the one and only.

"Fine... I got kicked out for not listening to my next business deal." She muttered.

I looked away as I held onto the metal fence, wondering where Adam went. He's not killing people, right?

"Explain." I sighed.

"It was to keep you and Ryan together. Force you guys to get married. I didn't want that- so I left and I joined Ryan without realising." She answered.

"How did that happen?" I asked.

How long will it take her to explain?

"Through secret letters, mostly. Until that day, I met him at the gates. And I was convinced he was fighting for good reasons. But- he killed your father and never told me about it... Davies says he was a good person and I believe him." Hannah muttered.

"Why are you fighting us then?" I said.

She looked away as she tried to hide her amusement.

"Not you. Against your mother- mainly your whole hierarchy. You have control over it though." She said as she looked away with a smile on her face, making me wonder if she was lying.

"I don't. I never have." I muttered as I looked away.

"That's a lie." Hannah said as she looked at her half bitten nails as she smiled, "you can change it."

"It's not a lie. If only you knew what I had to do."

"You're spoiled to the core and you've been blind to everything that's been happening" She muttered under her breath.

"You don't get it, Hannah. I had no choice and now she wants me dead." I said as I felt my blood boil, thinking of how she supported Ryan and Adam. Could they be working together? What is it that Adam wants?

She raised her eyebrows before interrupting my thoughts.

"As if- you're mother is up-"

"Well, I'll put it this way." I said as I glared at her, "I didn't want to date Anna or anyone before that. She's worse than you think. But that doesn't mean your gang had to kill my father."

Hannah looked away before tucking a strand of her behind her ear.

"Sorry." She muttered as she grabbed her crucifix, "I can't bring back the dead."

"You've all been against my mother, if you didn't kill my father, she wouldn't be like this. I will never forgive you or your gang for that."

"You're wrong. She was always like that to us." Hannah said as she looked at me, "well, at least to Ryan."

"Ryan wasn't around when my father died." I said as my hands squeezed into fists, thinking about how I was held back from saving him. Ryan was the one in the mask but where was Hoyt?

"Listen to me, you- You killed Skylar and you have Max. That's all I need to slit your throat." Hannah sneered before turning around.

I heard her breathe in as Adam pulled Hannah as he glared at her.

"You won't do such a thing." He said before yanking her hair, making her look up at him as he stood behind the wheelchair.

What's gotten into him? She's here to help us after all. Maybe he knows.

"Adam, please. You killed my younger brother." She said as he let go of her hair.

I looked at them both before frowning.

"So he is dead. What a surprise." I muttered as they both turned to face me.

I raised my eyebrows as I watched the leaves fall onto the ground. They were free. And I wasn't.

"Anyway, there's a building nearby. You might remember it, Dani." Adam said as he walked towards me.

I felt my stomach flip when he met my eyes and Hannah stopped him in his tracks. Does she have some telepathic skills to realise that I don't want him near me?

Who knows, she's smarter than she looks. So is Adam.

And I will be too.

"Let's go then." I said before smiling at them.

I'll be smarter than they ever will be.