CHAPTER 25 - JULIE AND THE DIARY

CHAPTER 25 - JULIE AND THE DIARY

When the alarm went off, I turned it off before sitting up. Georgie was fast asleep beside me, I looked at the clock and realised that I set it up for the wrong time, I was awake an hour earlier than I needed to be. Even at 4am, the birds weren't chirping as it was still dark outside. Winter is approaching, the leaves have already fallen off the trees and the sky was covered with clouds. It might rain soon.

Georgie took out Julie's diary and left it on the floor next to the bed, I forgot about it until I laid eyes on it. Picking it up, I got up slowly, not wanting to wake Georgie up since we slept late. I can't stay in bed and snooze anymore. Not until I have done everything I've wanted. Georgie snored quietly as I got my slipper on.

Getting up, I sighed as I left the room with Adams' oversized shirt on. I smiled for a moment as I grabbed either side, pretending it was a dress when it actually stopped at my knees before spinning around. It made me feel comfortable knowing that he was still here with me- the memories will always stay. If I ever forget them, I'll have them in my journal. At least, I'll know what happened. Maybe Julie's diary will help.

Everyone was still asleep apart from Tracy, she glared at me before looking outside the window. This woman's emotions change unexpectedly, I swear. I went into the mini kitchen, I saw Georgie's uneaten porridge. She didn't eat any of it so I grabbed it off the counter and scoffed it down since I haven't eaten any proper food in days. Throwing the empty bowl into the sink, I headed for my bag and took out my mouthwash. I put some in my mouth before putting it back in the bag. We didn't have much running water so we couldn't brush our teeth as often as we should. Mouthwash and chewing gum was the way to go. And yet, at home we had two fountains and freshwater.

As I shut the door to leave, Tracy said good luck as she began reading. I turned around once it was locked and looked at our rainwater collector. It was still fairly empty and there was no way it would help us in the long run. I had wasted all of the water when I showered and nobody told me off. Trying to get to justice is no clean or perfect matter. You will lose things to gain others. My goals in exchange for hygiene, water and diet. This was a small thing I willing to sacrifice to get what I want. However, I could never let Adam or anyone I hold dear die in the process. If it was necessary could I do it? To have more blood on my hands? Could I really be able to do such a thing to someone I care about? Will it make me bad? And what if I already have when I went to Hoyt? Just who was that main trainer and why did I cry for him when he betrayed me? I need answers.

After I finished walking to the training room, I still had Julie's notebook in my hand and I was still wearing Adam's top. The wind blew it around before I slammed the door shut. Time for the first hour and then in my break, I'll read that diary. My body didn't smell too bad since I had a shower yesterday that was until I trained for an hour with cardio and running. Now, I was covered in sweat as I sat on the mat near the punching bags. Time for the half an hour break, I looked at the clock on the wall in front of me which was opposite the logo. The weapons had been rearranged since Eagle trained on the other side of the room with them.

I held Julie's diary as I thought of what she said a few weeks ago. No one had any photos of me, nor did they have anything else of course. Flipping onto the first page, I smiled at how neat her handwriting was. She was a genuine friend. Most of the first pages were about her mom's death and how she moved to join my mum.

Page 9

December 12

Today marks the first month of being here with Alex. It's been a huge roller coaster and for some reason, I can't go outside the palace walls. It's strange, really strange. I want more inspiration for my work, I want to go but I fear the rumors. Alex handled my mother's death with fake emotions- she never really cared. She's one hell of an actor- that psychotic bitch. She didn't allow my mother to be buried within this house- she had plenty of space! And yet, she let her be buried in the outskirts of these walls. How could I ever see her again?

Dani doesnt know this, if she did...Well, if she did, she'd go lyco because it would repeat history. It would make her remember things that she's better off not knowing. But maybe, maybe if I show her this, she'll come to her senses. She left me here to rot while she gotta go past the walls without being caught or killed. I never told her I hated being here, she thought Alex loves me. She never did and she never will.

It was a business agreement between our mothers. That's why I am here. And thankfully, it's the same reason why I've cared for her like a true friend. Since she was my only friend. I must hide this diary before Alex sees this otherwise I'll get thrown out to the Lower District where all the gangs are. Until, Dani tells me how it was like or gives me a photograph of the place. I will draw that hell to my liking. Then again, what if that place will be my home?

All of my lovers were arranged relationships, I was going to get married to the richest lunatic for us to stay here but they all refused me. Money and status mean nothing- unless you help those who need it. And Alex only helps herself.

If only Dani knew what she was scheming with her. Anna was one of them... She was told to form a relationship with her. If only she knew everything about how bad she was. Hopefully, she'll come back and I'll tell her everything. Right from the day she left.

Sighing, I choked up as I read through it all. All my friends were forced to be friends with me? Does that mean Adam was never true? It makes sense but he was always around. Now the conversation about a liar and a killer had a double meaning. What else haven't they told me?

"My own family have their secrets, their lies. They broke their promises. Hollow- all of them. All of them except Julie." I said as I got up after the break. Time to train again.

"If I ever go back, I'll- I'll do everything. Anything to get rid of Alex. They can't live in their own little world anymore."

Soon a thought popped into my head. Why did I meet Adam during the Rioters attack? Why wasn't I at home at fourteen?

Something is still missing. A very big piece of the puzzle.

Oh, I will find it. They won't stop me. I will destroy it all and I'll keep on doing that until they won't have anything to hide.

"Rioters, Hoyt, mother, Doctor Franc- all of you fools! Just try and stop me, I'll figure out everything."