CHAPTER 29 - LOCK AND KEY

"I-" Tracy muttered under her breath.

Furrowing my eyebrows. I met her eyes, she shifted uncomfortably as if she was afraid of what I would do. With each move I made, she watched me carefully like I was porcelain or as if I was as ruthless as they come.

Most of all, I believed she was fearful of what I would become. And I couldn't blame her- I know so little and yet so much. My father, he's dead. What was he like? Kind or harsh? Did he agree with my mother's ideals? Who was he? And why did anyone not say anything about him? He's murdered and it's obvious that Tracy fears how I could become a killing machine- like a ticking bomb just waiting to explode and cause destruction. Yes, this was my self-destruction. My father was killed by Hoyt and I don't even remember him.

However, my self destruction will make me remember my past. It's a a scarfice I'm willing to take- murder will also be one. But no one I care about will come to harm in all of this. At least, that's what I thought before. Looking around, I see everyone in pain and suffering because of me.

"Hoyt? Again!" I said, falling onto the floor as my voice broke, "he's involved, isn't he? Why?" I was away from Tracy, she headed for me but I swatted her hand away as tears streamed down my face. Letting go of my hair, I got up, not allowing myself to give in so easily but I couldn't control it anymore.

Hoyt killed an entire town, my father and now he has Adam's life in his palm. What else will he do to haunt me? Will he take everything I have so that I am left with nothing? So that I am better off dead?

Walking to the punching bags, I didn't put any bandages on. I punched it continuously- the pain gave me more of a reason to keep pushing it- it was fuelling my anger. Not long after, it subsided as I wished that I would have known. Now it made sense- why I was hunting Hoyt before I lost my memories. Revenge. That's how it's always been, chasing revenge.

"Hoyt burned your father's house to a crisp." Tracy said quietly as she got up, I ignored her for a while.

I realised the more and more I found out, the more questions I have afterwards. Maybe the reason is that I am finding the bigger pieces but not the smaller ones.

"Thank you for telling me- I just-" I said, "who can I really trust?"

Running my fingers through my tangled hair, I looked at Tracy and sighed. My mind was all over the place, was there anyone here who I could trust? It feels like everyone is keeping their own secrets and not telling me the truth. Who is honest here? And who isn't hiding things from me? I feel like everyone is but I've gotta keep pushing on. Not because I have to, but because I want to. I will understand it all within time.

"Me." She said before rubbing my shoulder, "you can trust me."

I nodded before my hands started to shake. Clenching my fists to stop the shaking, I watched the door open and Eagle emerged from the shadows.

"Me too." Eagle said before smiling as always while pulling his hood down. His footsteps echoed as Tracy looked at the logo on the wall.

Smiling at Eagle in gratitude, Georgie and Grant appeared from the door too- it was as if they had planned this but either way, I smiled and cried again. Georgie ran up to me and gave me a warm hug. My mind was still all over the place, but at the sight of all of them being here to comfort me meant everything. I knew that I would never be like Hoyt. As long as they're here with me- these memories will stop me from being like him.

"It'll be okay, Dani." Georgie muttered as her eyes sparkled when I met her eyes and smiled, "you're like me now- fatherless."

I wiped my tears and grinned, trying to be strong for Georgie. A kid shouldn't see me cry so much- I don't want her to feel sad for me. Grant didn't say much until Georgie spoke, Tracy walked up to Eagle as he whispered something to her.