CHAPTER 62 - NOTED

CHAPTER 62 - NOTED

My eyes fluttered open as I felt a throbbing pain in my head, I grabbed it, cursing under my breath until I realised something. I was lying on Adam's chest. 

I could hear his heart beating in his chest at the same rate as mine, I smiled to myself for a moment. My fingers traced his collarbone as he stirred in his sleep, muttering something under his breath. I never realised how safe I am with Adam until now.

Being with him and all. I trust him. I felt his hand trace my waist, his eyes were still closed as I felt my palms become sweaty. My mind was racing- I have to stop it.

I shot up from his unconscious body as I sat up against the wall, a good few meters away from him. My fingers traced my lips before I sighed. We kissed. How is going to react? What does this mean for us? 

"Why do you make me feel like this?" I muttered under my breath as a voice in my head answered my question.

He's always there for me with honesty, loyalty and everything that Ryan wasn't. He genuinely cared with all his heart and soul for anyone that he held dear. And that's what I find so inspiring within him. He loves his family and friends regardless of the circumstances, regardless of how we act with him. 

Yet, I am unable to do that with my family. All I ever have been it's full of hatred, could I ever change that around? Then again, they do not act like my family. The only people who do are the ones who I met outside- including the person in front of me. Everyone in the Fireplace it's my family. And all of those that were lost in the town were also my family. 

I wonder what does Adam like about me? A voice in my head answered the question for me. 

He sighed as he sat up and touched my cheek, my throat dried up as I thought about losing Georgie.

“Really- really bad.” He said softly under his breath, “but she’s like you. Strong as ever.”

I nodded as I sat next to him, I squeezed his hand for comfort. Adam smiled at me as he looked at everyone else asleep.

“Thank you.” I muttered.

The two months we spent together trying to get better said everything much better than we ever could. He was home to me. That's all that matters.

Now that I think about it, he rarely expresses his feelings around me. Then again, we've been busy trying to stop Ryan and to save him that we never really got the chance. The only times we did get to speak about that kind of thing was the time when he snuck into my room at midnight back in the Upper District and the two months we spent trying to get better with Georgie.

Getting up, I noticed how blood was dripping from his arm. The glass must have got stuck on his arm. I better find some painkillers and bandages before he gets up. I brushed my hands onto my jeans, listening to the birds chirping before getting up and walking towards the bags.

Surely we brought some painkillers, right? I touched my cheek and looked at my finger that was then stained with dried blood. I rubbed it into my palm before running my fingers through my hair. 

How about a shower first? I couldn't do that though. What if someone finds Adam here and takes him sweat from me again? I closed the curtains and picked up the rock from the floor and looked at it. Why on Earth would someone throw this at the window?

Not long after, I accidently pressed some sort of button. This wasn't a rock. It was a black metal case that was stained with dirt to make it look like a rock. Also, it was chipped from the outside to make it less rectangular. From a distance, it looked like a rock. But who sent it? 

Inside the case was a red velvet leather, on the top and bottom of it. I lifted up the wooden rectangular lid and a mirror was on the other side. The sound of a chime rang out from the box, I turned around and saw Adam's eyes flicker open as they landed on me.

He smiled as he rubbed his eyes and yawned. Shoot, the bandages and painkillers. I wanted him to say something- anything. Instead of never tearing his eyes off me. I looked at him for a moment before placing the box onto the bookshelf and closing the lid with the note back in it. 

"Have you got any idea where the bandages are?" I asked, trying to keep my composure as my heart raced.

Adam smiled at me for a moment.

"It's in the bag or the first aid kit in the kitchen." He said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Thanks." I muttered as I headed off to the kitchen.

Be as far away as I can as possible, I thought. I couldn't bear with the embarrassment or the thought of him saying something. I walked through the living room into the kitchen as I ran my fingers against the wall.

The kitchen was just like the one at the Fireplace. I knew exactly where the first aid kit was- far left wall closest to the fridge. My heart drummed in my chest as I thought about putting the bandages on Adam but I withheld myself. Control these feelings. It's not supposed to be like wildfire. 

I grabbed the first aid kit that was hung up on the wall and made my way back to Adam. I noticed how he sat up with his fingers against his lips before he buried his face into his knees and rocked his leg with a smile on his face. I didn't say anything. Instead, I coughed when I sat in front of him and ran my fingers through his hair. His face looked up at me and he smiled.

"Can't keep your hands off me?" He said before grinning.

"Please stop and stay still." I answered, even though my heart was still racing.

Adam looked at me as I got some twezers from the first aid kit. Right, focus. Remove the glass shard.

"This will hurt." I muttered as I watched him close his eyes before I pulled out the glass shard from his arm. 

My fingers wrapped around his arm as I threw the glass shard onto the floor and grabbed some cotton wool before soaking it in disinfectant. 

"Finally got cotton wool this time," Adam said as he watched the small amount of blood trickle down his arm and dripped onto the oak floorboards, "looks like we won't be tearing up our clothes anymore."

I laughed as I dabbed the cotton wool around his cut. He shouldn't be the one trying to make me laugh if he's the one in pain. Then again, he probably realised how my hand was shaking.

I didn't say anything as I threw the dirty, blood stained cotton wool out of the window. Last few things now. I grabbed the bandages and wrapped them around his arm carefully before cutting it off with scissors and tying it.

"All done." I muttered as I got up and put the first aid kit into my bag, "there's something I want to show you."

Perfect, now we have two first aid kits. I went to the bookshelf and grabbed the box before sitting next to him.

"That's what they threw at us?" Adam said as he looked at me expectantly, "what's inside?"

I opened the box again and soon I realised what they had sent. We were face to face with a photo of when I was younger and another piece of paper. 

Unfolding the paper, I watched Adam as he grabbed the photograph and looked at me with a smile.

"That's a nice photo- you look beautiful." He said as he talked about the dress I was wearing and how I was planting the bluebells with my mother.

"We need to plant a lot more when we go back- I've remembered a lot." I muttered softly before meeting his eyes.

I was the first one to break away from the state as I looked at the paper. The handwriting matched the note that I was given in the hospital that means one thing. Adam leaned over to look at the note.

"It's from them! It's the next location." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

Adam looked away for a moment.

"That means they weren't here." He muttered as he read the coordinates, "we've got to go to the cottage."