CHAPTER 67 - FUEL

CHAPTER 67 - FUEL

"The common effect of retrograde amnesia is that not all memories are correct and some things are muddled together." My father said as he pointed at the whiteboard with a smile when I started to write notes.

Julie and Hannah sat on either side of me. Hannah nudged my elbow as I showed her notes and Julie sat there nibbling on her pen as if she were in a different world. I looked at her for a moment and noticed the hickey on her neck. I'll take that as the reason why, I chuckled as Hannah drew on my hand before handing Julie some paper to draw on.

They were only here to root for me- as if they were actually interested in medicine. Father motivated me no matter what I wanted to do. Mother, however, was a different story. She had a whole line of suitors for me that I don't want. I want to fall for a man who isn't here for business deals- who actually cares about what he's doing.

"How long is this lesson gonna take?" Hannah groaned as she took out some gum from her mouth and stuck it under the table.

Julie smiled at her, not judging her hygiene as she started doodling away.

"If someone is to ever get retrograde amnesia, they may never regain their memories again in that specific timeframe. For instance, some people with amnesia will forget maybe weeks, months or years of their life depending on the damages in their brain."

Hannah looked up as she tilted her head before speaking.

"Can they ever regain their memories?" She asked as Julie looked up too.

Father turned around as he tugged on his collar, he still wasn't used to wearing a suit. I smiled at him as he pulled off his tie and took off his jacket.

"Well, it all depends on the person and if they have any triggers that people know of." He said before sighing as the timer went off.

Hannah smiled as she got up from her seat and dusted the dirt from her knees when we jumped off a tree earlier.

"And that's a wrap. I'll see you at home, dear." Father said as Julie and Hannah waited for me outside.

"The med school accepted you." One of the guards said as he handed me the form.

As always, he ran his fingers through my hair like he always has since I was a child.

"Bye, dad. I'll try and convince mother to let me go there."

I'll take it that I didn't get to go because of the engagement with Ryan, Fraces dying, Hannah leaving and the fire. My throat dried up as I thought about my father. Assassinated not dead in a fire. That was Grant's son in there and it's my fault. I could have saved him.

"We need to talk." Adam muttered under his breath before looking away at the pavement as we drove past.

I didn't say a word as I lifted my head to be face to face with his back. his muscles tensed as I hummed for a response.

"It's about the glass smashing back at Eagle's house." He continued and without thinking I traced my finger against his shoulder blade. He breathed in sharply and focused on the road again.

My heart raced as I couldn't help but wonder what his reaction would be if we weren't on a motorbike. Shaking my head, I smiled to myself as I looked at him.

"What about it?" I said as I felt my throat dry up.

Where was this confidence of mine coming from, exactly?