CHAPTER 24 - CHANGE

CHAPTER 24 - CHANGE

We didn't say anything after that since Tracy handed me a training guide- it was mainly exercises I could do on my own. After I read it, I looked at the images of the positions for each workout before getting an exercise mat and sitting on the floor. As I moved it, the room echoed since it was fairly empty and much bigger than I thought it would be. The sheet also had a list of instructions for other things I needed to do like long distance running and how many step ups I needed to in a minute.

Tracy and Eagle were having their own conversation about how the group training would work and how long it should take for the training. After all, as every second passed, the higher the chance of us not being able to save Adam in time and if he moved- well if he was taken elsewhere, we wouldn't be able to find him again.

"Everyday, 4 hours of cardio with thirty minute breaks in between. Then two hours of muscle building, with an hour of stamina training. Thats seven hours in a day." Tracy said as she looked at me and the punching bag.

"That's a lot of time and you're wrong. With the breaks it's nine hours." I replied as I took off my bandages as my hands dripped in sweat.

Eagle didn't say anything, instead he was in his own world, minding his own business. He wasn't himself when Tracy was around. Tracy glanced in his direction for a moment, stuck in a thought until I coughed. Only then did she look at me again.

"Well, if that's the case you better wake up early to train." Tracy said.

"I was already planning to do that." I muttered under my breath, Eagle finally decided to look up at us both.

"We'll head off then, I'll be with Georgie if you need me. The old man is probably wanting his own space but now."

"Georgie isn't that bad, I really like her company." I answered, he froze in place and showed his genuine smile as I noticed he had a dimple on the right side of his mouth.

Tracy looked away as she looked at her phone, how on earth did she get enough money to buy a phone in this town? Adam had one too, I thought they were expensive.

I waved them off, looking at them both as I smiled. Tracy didn't smile back as expected, Eagle headed straight for the door as he said bye.

The sound of the door being shut echoed in the room, I headed towards the mat and began my training. RIght when I started, I began having doubts. What if my back hasn't fully healed yet. What happens if this won't take me anywhere? Shaking my head, I ignored those thoughts and smiled to myself. I can't be this negative right now, I have to do this. And so, I must keep positive for what may happen.

Instead of continuing my boxing session and gun shooting, I decided that it would be best if I started with the worksheet otherwise I might end up doing more harm than good to my body.

Before doing my press ups, I took off my tracksuit which left me in my black vest. I started with jogging a few laps around the room. My legs weren't burning yet but my heart rate increased as I could feel it hammering within my chest. I was shocked as I thought I would be in better shape. I guess being stuck in a coma for a year would have had that impact.

Instead of dwelling on it for too long, I concentrated on breathing through my nose and exhaling using my mouth so that I could exercise for longer. The room was soundproof, so there was no way of telling what was going out outside. However, within the room, the only thing I could hear were my shallow breaths and my footsteps.

After I did three laps around the room, I sprinted from one side to another for as long as I could. Sweat dripped from my face as my top got soaked with sweat. I was able to go to both sides of the room three times.