CHAPTER 49 - REMEMBER

"Thank you for saving Adam." Eagle said as he looked away before scratching his neck.

Sighing, I looked at Adam as he sat on the sofa, reading through my diary. Letting him meant more than anything to me, he was reading everything that I held dear. My secrets, my hopes and my passions all were within his reach to read. Adam was here again, safe and sound with us.

But one thought, would not die down. It kept ringing in my head like a broken record as I tapped my fingers against the wooden table. What will happen now?

"Now we'll be going on our own." Adam muttered as he held my hand.

"Why? What about me and Tracy?" Eagle asked as he scratched his hair.

"We've suffered enough casualties. And Georgie- she'll have enough supplies until we come back." Adam said as he stood up and looked at us.

"We've gone through enough. Otherwise, we take a detour." I said with a smile as I squeezed his hand.

"And I know where the location is so it's best if we go on our own." Adam said as Eagle frowned slightly as he nodded.

"And to end all of this.." I muttered as Tracy looked at us understandingly and nodded.

The man let go of me after a while as he pulled out a chair and sat opposite me, the flashbulb hung above us with no lampshade as the room remained dark.

"That girl in the photo is me." Hannah said as she walked around the room, the sound of her boots echoed in the room.

She held onto a crucifix in her hand and started to spin it around as she looked at the man who was still pinning me down.

"You traitor." I muttered, "why side with him?"

Hannah glared at me, her eyes never wavered. It had a certain aura, you couldn't pick out right away. A facade. A mask that she'd built but was prepared to discard it and tear it down if necessary. My heart ached in sympathy but my blood boiled right down to the core. It was unbelievably upsetting to be deceived by such a person. Why did she do this?

I didn't look her way, she took this as an opportunity to approach me.

"Well, you killed Skylar." She said as she looked away.

"Hannah, drop the act. I already know that you were here to break me up with Anna so I'd get married to Ryan."

Her hand clutched onto the knife that was once in her pocket and the other traced my neck. I couldn't tell if this was an attack or some form of flirtation. Even so, the unthinkable is the best approach in these kinds of situations- at least that's what I've learned being here.

"Ryan?" She said as her frown faltered, "I didn't know that bit."

In order to meet such requirements, I smiled as she scowled at me, allowing the knife to fall to the floor.

"He sent me to the woods and tried to kill me. If you were my friend, you wouldn't have left on the day I found out that I'd be marrying him."

"The same day, your mother exiled me!" She sneered as she grabbed her gun and pointed it at me, "you deserve to die, you're causing this mess."

"Things like that don't scare me, Hannah." I said, "You should know that by now."

She scoffed before muttering an "Is that so? I'm sure that there's something you're scared of."

I didn't say a word as the man left the room.

"Yeah, there is but it has nothing to do with you." I sneered.

She isn't the same Hannah anymore. What has happened?

Her face turned red as she grabbed my neck.

"Tell me, otherwise I'll kill Adam."

Feeling my throat tighten, I could feel the lack of air- I wanted to breathe. It was like I was drowning, I bit her arm as she reeled back. I gasped for air as I stared her down.

"Remember anything? You should."

"Why?" I said, struggling to speak as she grabbed me again, kicking my legs in any direction to be free.

She let go of me as I fell onto my knees, holding my throat as I coughed my lungs out, cherishing the air that I breathed in.

"Wait-" I muttered as I held my neck for a while.

The memory flooded in, I didn't want it to. I prevented it as much as possible but now all of the pieces had come together.

"Hannah, you're-" I said as I got up, "You're a victim, aren't you? A victim of the-"

"Shut it." She sneered as the man coughed.

"I'm here to kill you and look at me." She continued.

"You're still talking." I said as she untied me for some reason.

Looking around, I rushed towards the revolver that was resting on the desk. Hannah noticed what I was doing and tried to stop me in my tracks.

A rush of adrenaline came over me as I pulled her away from me and held the heavy revolver in my hands. I checked the rounds before aiming it at her, since it was heavy I had to hold it using both of my hands.

"If you move I'll shoot." I said as I shivered.

"I'd love to see you try."

As soon as she said those words, I fired the gun at her leg. I made sure to not make her bleed out, just feel a bit of pain.

She let out an ear-piercing scream before falling to the floor and grabbing her leg. The man from before rushed in with Adam. He looked at the man before frowning as he saluted him. Adam punched his face before letting him fall to the ground.

He took her knife, his face held nothing but remorse and regret as he looked at her.

"Adam what are you doing here? don't kill her." I muttered

"I wasn't planning to" he said, "now, where is it?"

Adam grabbed her neck as Hannah cried on the floor.

"I don't know-"

Adam kicked her leg as hard as he could, swinging it with enough force to cause more damage. She let out a scream but Adam covered her mouth as tears streamed down her face.

"You're- evil." She said in-between her pants.

"I'm not too sure about that." He said.

"Oh please, you will never change." Hannah muttered as I looked at them both.

What is going on here?

"Answer my question." He said as he prepared to swing his leg

Her face was covered in fear as she raised her hands to surrender

"It's not with me. I gave it to Davies, he's gone off the grid for a while but I know whatever he is."

"I can't tell you where it is, it's classified. I can only show it to you. I won't do anything, it'll be like before, like the old days, Adam."

His face shot up.. They knew each other?

"I'll call the doctor and get you patched up. Both of you. You'll show us where he is and after that I'll send you to hell."

"More like a mental institution to sort out your fucked up brain. You know each other? Adam, you have some explaining to do. Now." I muttered