CHAPTER 9 - FORGIVEN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

A Few Hours Later
3 hours later

"She's not who you think she is. A liar. A cheater is all she'll ever be." 

"I don't believe you."

"I know... Can't you see that Anna's been hurting you? Why are you trying so hard to hide this when everyone knows that something is up?" A girl said with anger dripping through all her words, waving around her hands before holding onto her crucifix.

"She's my girlfriend. I can't confront her about it, you know what she's going through." I said defiantly.

"Save it and listen for once. Cheating is cheating. Abuse is still abuse. Lies are still lies. It doesn't matter why they've done it because it is what it is. Nothing will change that. Someone's past won't change it or what they're going through." 

"Please stop and try to think about yourself for once, Dani." Julie chimed in before sighing and holding onto her forehead.

"It's difficult." I replied.

I looked up at the ceiling, that dream- it was that point again where I questioned every intricate detail. Questions flooded my head, the main ones I wanted to ask were fairly obvious. Who was Hannah? What did Anna go through? Even though I wanted answers, I slouched slightly becoming wary that there could be too many questions and no answers.

Stepping out of the shower, I dried my hair with a towel and got dressed. After doing so, I leaned my head against the bathroom wall and sighed before cleaning away to ensure that there was no trace of me. Until there was not a speck of dust or a strand of my hair anywhere in the bathroom, I smiled before standing there triumphantly. Now, nobody can blame me for some kind of spillage because a strand of my hair was found somewhere.

However, I didn't expect any company at the time- after all, I'm in the bathroom. I could hear footsteps approaching, I could also tell that it was a female since they tread lightly than males (it's a scientifically proven fact).

"Hey! I'm back." Julie said as she opened the bathroom door. In an instant, I grabbed onto my robe as I tied it up before meeting her natural face.

For the first time, I had seen Julie without any makeup. Typically, she had eyeliner, a bit of pink or violet eyeshadow with lip gloss and foundation. Without it all, she still seemed amazing in my opinion, her freckles could be seen and her rosy cheeks that you could imagine poking. 

Except, she wasn't all perfect- don't get me wrong, she's gorgeous. It's just that society has made us believe that acne-free skin and cheekbones is the 'perfect' woman or look. So, if someone were to have a stereotypical mindset on beauty, Julie would have been harassed for having freckles that stood out, having acne and the dark circles under her eyes from working late.

It's disgusting the way society thinks. I wonder if Julie agrees with me.

Our eyes met as we stood face to face, I tucked the strands of my damp hair before shivering sightly. Either because of the cold or because of Julie's darkening presence, a threat. I never thought that a deer as a spirit animal could be so terrifying.

"My paintbrush." Julie declared, "Hand it over." She continued before gesturing with her hand.

I let out a breath hesitantly, relief rushed over me as I realised how my thoughts of her murdering me weren't going to happen. After all, she wanted her paintbrush.

From what I've just gathered, she's an extreme artist, not the low-key ones. The extremes who stay up until midnight everyday to make use of their creativity.