CHAPTER 78 - POOL

CHAPTER 78 - POOL

"Thank you." I muttered as we headed inside of the party. Georgie grinned at me as he pulled me by the hand and showed me the place I had never seen before in the garden.

"While you were busy getting that degree, we got a swimming pool put in place. We got a party rollin'." Eagle said as he looked at Julie while she stuck near my side as if she was glued there.

Adam smiled as he waved us off while stringing Georgie by the hand until Julie stepped in and took her for us. The sun had set and everything was pitch black, I instantly grabbed Adam by the hand and rubbed his knuckles to remind him that he's safe and away from harm. His eyes met mine as Eagle coughed deliebtrelty. We made our way to the pool.

"I'll be in here." I muttered as I let go of Adam and went into the changing room, he nodded before I heard him unzip his jeans in the cubicle next to me.

I tried my hardest to not imagine what would be there to the degree that I slapped my face to bring myself back to reality. Just when I thought I could control my feelings. Looks like I'm far from right. Thoughts of the changing rooms in the training rooms came to mind as I pulled off my blazer and left my shirt on as I put on some bikini pants after taking off my jeans.

As soon as I unlocked the door with the clothes in my hand, Adam looked at me for a while before turning away and washing his face.

"Is the sleep in my eyes gone? Those eye boogers I swear." He said as I walked up to him and removed them for him.

I smiled at him as I washed my hands afterwards, feeling him hug me from behind. My heart raced until I let go of him and rushed to the pool.

"You're gorgeous." Adam said, I noticed how his cheeks were stained pink as he scratched his neck.

I looked away for a moment, feeling my throat dry up.

"Thank you- you're not too bad yourself." I muttered as I kissed his cheek before opening the door for him, "everyone's waiting."

Adam nodded as we headed for the pool with everyone else. The music played in the speakers, making it seem that the ground was shaking. I noticed how the waiters are always the same, they never alternate between waiters at the parties. Adam smiled at one of them and took two glasses of champagne and handed one to me.

"Happy birthday." He said as I took a few sips of the champagne before handing it back to the waiter.

"Thank you." I said as he raised his eyebrows at me when I left to go get a beer out of the fridge.

"A real woman of culture, I'm tellin' you." Eagle said in Adam's ear, loud enough for me to hear it.

I looked away as I opened the beer can and took a massive gulp out of it. My head felt weird for a few moments as I remembered how I was drunk before and how it ended badly. Sighing, I swung from side to side until I pulled Adam with me upstairs. He waved away at Eagle.

I could hear him speak but I couldn't make out what he was saying from the music, I opened the door to my room before locking it as I pinned him to it and kissed him. I bit his bottom lip without thinking before hugging him.

He laughed for a moment as he picked me up and placed me on the bed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I pulled him closer by his hair as I traced his chest with my finger. I heard him suck in a deep breath until I kissed him again before watching him head for the balcony.

"You're drunk for beer? Don't try and tempt me before the wedding, Dani." Adam said with a grin.

"No, it's not that. I think it's the champagne." I muttered under my breath as I rubbed my temples before getting up and joining him on the balcony. He grabbed me as I began swaying from side to side as if I was exhausted.

We watched everyone as we looked down at them, the pool was under us. I watched the water as it glistened from the lights and I wished to be there. Adam walked away to get some water, I looked around and my heart sank when I saw someone that I'd prefer not to.

Ryan, he stood on the balcony next to me which was only a few meters away. These rooms had a connected balcony. I could make out his eyes from the darkness as I noticed how they were bloodshot. Adam still wasn't back yet with the water. Maybe, I'm just seeing things. I watched Ryan as he tried to make it over the balcony. My stomach churned as I ran up to him and pulled him back. He doesn't deserve to die.

Ryan's eyes widened as I noticed how he was crying, I wiped away his tears until he pulled out his knife. My heart raced as I saw Adam come back and drop his glasses, I walked backwards and tripped over a beer bottle. The music became louder as I watched Ryan aimed the gun at his forehead and pulled the trigger. I prepared for the darkness as I fell over the balcony.

The last thing I remember seeing was Adam's tears as I could feel the pain all over my body as the glass shards from the balcony pierce my back and face. The water clogged up my mouth like bleach, stopping any more oxygen from coming into my lungs.

The thing that hurt more than that was I never said I loved Adam or Georgie before this happened. I'm going to die, aren't I?

I closed my eyes as the muffled sounds of screams and shouts faded away as I prepared for eternal darkness.