CHAPTER 72 - FINAL DEAL

"We don't need a war. We've fought enough over these eight years. What will be more bloodshed and violence do? We've all lost someone or something because of all this. Sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers and even friends. Why lose more?" I said as Eagle placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded.

"I know that words won't be enough to restore the damages my family and everyone else has made." I said as I noticed my mother looking at me from the window before disappearing when our eyes met.

We could easily start a massive fight as we all stood within metres of each other. All the minorities were here too. This plan, will it really work? My father walked away towards the fountain before sitting down on the floor to look at me with his glazed eyes. Was he afraid of seeing mother as much as I was?

Ryan sneered as the guards held him down onto the ground as I looked at Eagle as I spoke.

"Why do you want to kill us?" I asked as I looked away from Eagle to look at Hannah's friends as they ran up to the podium.

The same people who attacked Adam and me in the bar and the ones who I had to interrogate are now supporting us. Not everything is hopeless and our only purpose was revenge. Revenge for the father that died, the town that died- the people and revenge for murder and kidnapping.

The Rioters booed and raised their guns at the sky, my heart pounding as I looked around for any sign of escaping if things were to get out of hand. There would be now way out- no escape. It's either kill or be killed- at least, that's what I used to think before. Now, it's either live or everyone dies.

The woman sighed before looking at them all with a raised eyebrow before aiming her gun at Eagle using the gun I gave her before. Everyone became silent as the man walked in front of Eagle and pulled off his mask. Ryan's face was priceless as tears streamed down his face. He wasn't in his disguise and he dyed his hair back to it's original colour.

"Because of him, right? You all thought I kidnapped him because of this fool." I said as I pointed at Ryan, "my ex-fiance."

"Don't you realize how pointless it is? I never wanted to be involved with the Rioters so I ran away when the fire happened. I didn't want to support my sister as she killed children." Eagle shouted as Julie couldn't help but look at him,

"You're no better than each other- your reasons are the same. I wish you weren't like this- especially as my brother." Eagle said before smiling at her for a moment before facing Ryan again with a completely different aura and expression.

To the point where I couldn't tell if he harbored hatred or venom for Ryan. Even so, it was a complete one-eighty with his personality too. Maybe me and him weren't so different after all.

We're all the same- we're all family but I can't tell them that. They might never fully understand. Then again, if I don't tell them now, when will I ever? Now is the only chance.

At this point, the Rioters looked at Ryan expectantly as he was handcuffed by the guards.

One of the Rioters walked up to Ryan and slapped his face. The others remained silent as they looked at the ground. Some stared at their hands, others looked completely vacant. But both were overwhelmed with guilt. They had joined the wrong cause. We're all killers and liars here. That's why this may never work.

"Your sister's sins were brought to justice." She said while glaring at Ryan as he looked away before muttering something under his breath, "you lied to us, your brother- for one is alive. Heck, Skylar was the one who killed all the kids in the fire- not Lorenez."

Eagle turned away as Hannah emerged through the crowd and pointed at him with a shaking hand.

"He really is alive." She muttered as her throat bobbed up and down. Julie turned around and ran up to her and threw her arms around her.