Chapter 22~Me

I ended up at the waterfall and changed back.I leaned against a tree as I looked up at the moon.I had masked my scent a long time ago so I wasn't stressing the idea of them finding me.I hugged my knees to my chest and cried.I let my wolf out and she rested her head on me.I wrapped my arms around her and she let me hug her.

'Did you know?' I asked her through the mindlink.

'No whatever they did to you must've affected me too.' She responded.

'I don't know how I'm supposed to feel.' I admitted sadly.

'I know you want to be angry but we can't.They just wanted to help us.From what they said it seems like they saved us from ourselves.' She said softly.

'I know but I would've liked to have a choice.She said she promised not to make any decisions for me and that's exactly what they did.' I said running my fingers through my hair.

'I know but maybe it's a good thing we didn't pick this time because we both know you would've kept pretending like everything was okay until it ate you up inside.' My wolf said and I hated it because I knew she was right.

'Who do you think I would've picked to be mated with?' I asked as I thought about Alex and Mateo.

'I think you would've picked-' A voice cut her off and we turned around to see the same guy from the mall walking towards us.

"Do I know you?" I asked as I stood up.

"The names Hades love." He said bowing his head a little.

"As in the Devil?" I asked taking a step away from him.

"Yes." He said rolling his eyes.

"Am I dead?" I asked looking around to see if I could find my body.It made no sense since I didn't remember dying but at this point I'd believe anything.

"No you aren't." He said chuckling.

"Then why are you here?" I asked looking back at him.

"You helped me and now I'm here to help you." He said frowning at me.

"What do you mean I helped you?Were we friends?" I asked softly.

"Yes." He said nodding his head.He reached for me and I jerked away.

"What are you doing?" I asked taking my wolf in just in case I needed to fight him.

"Taking you back to the person who took your memories to begin with." He said rolling his eyes.

"Whose memories are in my head?" I asked softly.

"Nobody's really.They just made up things and put it in your head so you wouldn't question anything.Everybody in the school was given fake memories of you." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Should I be mad?" I asked quietly.It sounded ridiculous taking advice from the Devil but at this point I didn't care.

"I think you are entitled to feel how you want love but remember that they did this so you could be happy because you were at a point where we didn't know what to expect.You were pretending to be fine when it was clear you weren't.They just wanted to help you love.But how you want to feel is completely your choice nobody should help you make that decision but you." He said softly.I bit my lip before giving him my hands.He closed his eyes and I followed suit.It felt like we were running but my legs weren't moving.The wind started to blow around us and my insides felt like they were turning inside out.

"You can open your eyes." He said letting my hands go.I opened my eyes and turned around to see everybody staring at me.

"Your okay." Noah said ignoring Hades and hugging me.I left my arms by my side but let him hug me.

"We just wanted you to be happy." The moon goddess said as she walked up to me.I nodded my head in understanding but didn't respond.A gunshot went off and I froze.The boys made a circle around me and Kenzie as they looked around for the shooter.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I looked over her for wounds.

"Yes.Are you?" She asked grabbing my arms.I nodded my head and looked up.

'The roof.' My wolf said in my head.I opened my mouth to warn them when another gunshot went off.Everybody turned towards where it was coming from and I watched as the bullet slowly approached Mateo.I don't know what came over me but I pushed him out of the way making the bullet hit me.A pain shot through my side making me whimper.Hades disappeared and everybody turned to face me.I grabbed my side and groaned when I felt it was wet.I slowly brought my hand up to see blood on it.Mateo and Alex ran to my side and grabbed my arms as I started to fall.They lowered me on the ground and ripped the dress where the wound was at.

"Why isn't she healing?" Kenzie asked and it was clear she was panicking.

"Wolfsbane must be laced in the bullet." Alex said.He slid his hand in mine and nodded his head at Mateo.Mateo pulled his claws out and cut where the bullet was.

"St-stop." I said as I moved away from him.

"No nenotata you have to let me do this or you'll die." He said and it was clear he was fighting back tears.

"I-I can feel the bullet.You can't get it out." I said as my eyelids started to get heavy.

"It's okay.She can just do what she did last time.When Michael stabbed her." Alex said and I could hear the panic in his voice.

"It won't work-not this time.We need to get her to a hospital." The moon goddess said before I was lifted off of the ground.

"The pack house." I heard Alex yell.

"I'm tired." I said softly.I heard a car door open before I was placed into the car.

"Phoenix open your eyes baby." Mateo said putting his hands on my face.I slowly opened my eyes to look at him and Alex.I was in the back seat with the both of them.

"I don't even know you and I took a bullet for you." I joked as I bit back tears.He shook his head and wiped the tears that had managed to fall off of my cheeks.

"I love you Phoenix but don't you ever do anything like that again." Mateo said shaking his head as tears started to run down his own cheeks.I smiled sadly and weakly wiped the tears off of his cheeks.

"I don't like seeing you cry." I said tiredly as he took my hands in his and kissed them.He opened his mouth to respond but I blacked out before I could hear him.