Chapter 11~Witches

"Before you choose you should know when I was bringing you back it hurt so bad because you are unmated to Alex.So you would be free to make a choice." The moon goddess said softly.I nodded my head in understanding and took a deep breath.

"I choose-" The sound of gunshots from outside cut me off.Mateo's father appeared in the room and pulled out a book from the bookshelf.The bookshelf started to open and he went in leaving us to follow after him.

"Phoenix I-"

"Go." I said understanding what the moon goddess was going to say.Word couldn't get out that she was here otherwise we'd really be in trouble.She smiled and hugged me before leaving.I turned my attention back to the room after I watched her disappear.

"Wow." Kenzie and I said at the same time.The room was all black and had guns mounted against the wall.There were drawers under them and the Don clicked a button making them open to reveal knives.I smiled as I looked at them.Mateo started grabbing weapons and I watched him.He was different and I bit my lip to hold in a moan as I took him in.He tensed and looked up at me as if he knew what I was thinking.

"THEY MADE IT INSIDE." A voice screamed from somewhere outside and breaking our eye contact.

"Are they humans?" Luca asked loading up with his own weapons.

"Witches." The voice answered.

"What do they want?" I asked tying my hair into a ponytail.

"Why don't you just ask?" A females british accent asked from the doorway.I turned around to see a beautiful girl standing in the doorway.She had red hair that touched her shoulders and brought out her beautiful violet eyes.She looked around the room assessing everything.Mateo grabbed my arm and pulled me behind him as everybody pointed their guns towards the door or more specifically- at her.

"What do you want?" The Don asked calmly.

"Phoenix." She answered simply.

"Who is that?" Alex asked playing dumb.The witch laughed and slowly shook her head.

"Pain." She said making the boys drop to their knees.The guns fell out of their hands and they grabbed their heads as they groaned in pain.

"She's a female.So how about we talk ladies?" She said looking between me and Kenzie.

"I'm Phoenix what do you want?" Kenzie asked.She looked at me from the corner of my eye as if telling to me play along.I frowned as I looked between her and the witch.

"Michael Carson where is he?" She growled stepping into the room.Kenzie smirked and crossed her arms over her chest.

"He's in hell." Kenzie said.The witch clenched her jaw angrily as she looked between me and Kenzie to see if we were lying.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked slowly looking her up and down.

"My name is Ruby." She said calmly.

"Pain." She repeated.Kenzie screamed as she grabbed her head in pain and fell to her knees next to Luca.

"They should be back." The Don said looking at me.My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as I looked at him.He changed his eye color showing his wolfs eyes and it hit me.

"Where the hell is Michael Carson?" She asked slowly.

"She wasn't lying he really is in hell.I put him there myself." I said calmly.Ruby's eyes hardened and she opened her mouth to say 'pain' but before she could get the word out I had already thrown her out of the room.Her hold on Kenzie and the boys broke and they stood up.The boys picked up their guns before running out of the room where I had just thrown the witch.I grabbed Kenzie's hand as I helped her stand.The door slammed shut behind the boys and Kenzie and I stared at each other wide eyed before running up to the door and pounding on it.I snapped my fingers for the door to open but nothing happened.