Chapter 45:Giving it to someone else

Gia's POV

"Remind me again why we had to travel together?" I sighed running a hand over my fehs.
"Cause neither of us can drive and it beats taking the tube" Laura offered.
"Does it?" I asked sarcastically.
"Be nice" she shot me a look, buh I could see the underlying smirk. Travelling with Jared was torture for meh and she was enjoying every minute of it.
"You guys I'm really sorry, again"
"It's fine Jared, as long as we don't get lost again" I tried to hide my annoyance.
"We won't, I promise" he looked at me in the rear-view mirror and I quickleh glanced away. He had these piercing green eyes that made me feel like he was tryna look into my soul every time he stared at me the wey he was doing now. Some people would call his eyes beautiful; buh ah wasn't a fan realleh. There was a certain boldness in his stare thah I didn't like. Unlike Zayn's warm hazel eyes that I could geht lost in and just the thought of them made my chest ache. Yeah thah was probableh it; I just wasn't over Zayn and that's why Jared annoyed me soh much. It was thah simple.
"Hey you girls wanna listen to some music?" he was still staring at meh in the mirror.
"No thanks" I shook my head giving Laura a look as to say 'don't you dare say yes'.
"Don't like my tunes do you?" he chuckled, catching on very quickly.
"I wanna say no, buh yeah; don't like em at all" I shrugged and he chuckled again.
"Alright Gia, play me something off your phone"
"Uhm I don't know"
I didn't want him listening to my music, what if he liked it?
"Oh c'mon I bet you have some killer playlists on there; you've always got your earphones on" he winked at me in the mirror and I shifted in my seat soh thah my back was against the door and I was facing Laura. So he couldn't make eye contact with me.
"Fine"
I opened my music folder and played the first thing my finger landed on.

'I wanna be drunk when I wake up
On the right side of the wrong bed
And never an excuse I made up
To tell you the truth I hate'

Zayn's POV

'What didn't kill me
It never made me stronger at all'

Lyrics were running through my head at the speed of light and I found myself mouthing them just to steel my nerves.

'Love will scar your make-up-'

"Zen!" I was pulled out of my head by Perrie yelling my name.
"Yeah?"
"You positive on the new arrangement? You sure I won't stoff it up?"
I looked at her surprised, she was nervous? She always seemed so confident soh if she was nervous then ah definitely had reason to be terrified.
"Uh yeah you'll do great, you've smashed it every time" I assured her and she nodded.
"Okay" she sighed straightening out her dress.
"You bein nervous is noh helpin meh" I smiled.
"Welcome to my world" she smirked.
"There you are, I've been looking for you two everywhere!" I turned around to see a very flustered Liz Hardy.
"You okeh Liz?" I asked gehtin worried by her expression.
"Oh yeah, yeah just fine thank you darlin, just thought I'd lost you"
"Where'd we goh?" Perrie laughed at thah.
"I don't know, just glad you weren't off in some corner snoggin"
"We wouldn't-why would you even think thah?" I frowned looking at her and then at Perrie who seemed amused, buh just shrugged.
"That's what my other duet were up to" she sighed. Oh thah made more sense now.
"Oh" Perrie and I both said at once.
"Your harmonies are tight, I'm happy with that"
"Thank you"
"Just watch ya timing yeah?" she put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded.
"You keep him in line" she winked at Perrie.
"Do I look alright?" Perrie decided to ask Liz's opinion on her outfit.
"Lovely darlin. Listen both of you, you're the stars of da show for me. Make sure you show off your chemistry and the audience will love you"