Chapter 11 : There's always room for common ground

Daniel's POV

"Hi babe"

 "Hey" was it just me or did she sound tired?

 "Did you get home safely last night? I tried calling, but your phone was off"

 "Yeah I got home alright"

 "In one piece yeah?" I laughed.

 "Yeah" but she didn't.

 "Gia, are you ok baby?"

 "Just fine. How are you feeling?"

 "Ah still a little queasy but getting there. I think we'll havta take a rain check on our date k?"

 "Yeah that's totally fine"

 Something was wrong, I could tell, she just didn't sound right. Did it have something to do with that Zayn guy? I wanted to ask her, but I decided it wasn't the right time. Maybe we'd talk about it when we saw each other, you know face to face so I could look into her eyes and figure out what she was thinking. She has been a little distant lately, but I didn't take it too seriously cause I thought maybe she just needed some space. But if she's really into this Zayn guy, then well I'm in pretty big trouble. Either way I don't intend on letting her go that easily. We've worked too hard to get to where we are.

(2 days later)

Gia's POV

"How do I look?" I asked my mom as I examined myself in the mirror.

 "Lovely, but you know it wouldn't kill you to wear a skirt once in a while"

 "Mom, we're just going for pizza and skirts are too formal"

 "Hmm well you'd wear jeans even if it was a red carpet event. Am I right?"

 "Yeah" I laughed, my mom knows me too well.

 "Giashka, you're growing up now, you're not a little girl anymore, you need to start dressing properly"

"I know ma, I will. Ok bye" I planted a kiss on her cheek as she shook her head and I ran down stairs as I heard Dane hooting.

 "Hey" I got into the car and greeted him like I usually would. He said I looked great like he always did and I didn't believe him as usual. We made small talk all the way to the pizza place and when we goht there we got our favourite booth. In the booth next to us was a guy that looked kinda familiar, but I couldn't tell cause he was on his phone and his head was down. Next to him was another guy who I was pretty sure I had never seen before, so I just let it slip and concentrated on the menue.

 "Olives?" Dane asked and I shook my head dramatically.

 "I hate olives you know that" I moped.

 "Ok fine we'll go half and half" he decided.

 "Fine but I don't want any pineapples or anything yeah"

 "Yeah got it" he got up and went to order. My eyes only followed him half the way there as I was distracted by the guys in the table next to me.

 "Aww bro that was just wrong, are you crazeh?" the guy I didn't know was talking and I couldn't help thinking how much like Zayn he sounded. It was silly I knew since most people in Bradford speak that way, but I don't know. I tried not to stare but now the other guy was laughing and telling some dramatic story with lots of hand signs. I looked at him again and realized I knew exactly who he was. He was Zayn's friend Lewis or Louis was it? Ok now I was staring and he'd seen me, shit! I quickly looked away but he didn't. He got up and came to my table along with his friend.

 "Hello love" he took a seat in front of me and offered me his hand which I shook. His friend took a seat beside him looking kinda awkward.

 "Hi Loueh?" I greeted.

 "Yeah it’s Louis"

 "Gia, this is Zayn's friend Anthony. Ant this is Zayn's friend Gia" he introduced and we both greeted each other.

 "So what are you doing here babe?" Louis asked with the sweetest little smile.

 "I'm on a date actually" I laughed.

 "Oh sorry" he turned around and saw Dane in the queue to place our order.

 "Is that him?"

 "Yeah" I nodded.

 "Oh, good looking lad" he smiled raising his eyebrows at me and I had to laugh. There was someone walking in our direction and I looked up to see the one and only Zayn Malik.

 "Zayn, over here mate" Louis called out and Ant gestured for him to join us. There wasn't any space next to them so Zayn sat down next to me.

 "Hi Gia" he seemed a little embarrassed.

 "Hi Zayn" I smiled as if to assure him that it was all good.

 "Heard you went to the ramps the other day" Anthony inserted to me but kept his eyes on Zayn.

 "Yeah I did" I nodded. Zayn was feeling really awkward now I could tell, but I continued talking to the guys as if it was nothing new. It's funny how Louis is so outgoing and Zayn is so shy and Ant is like the in between of that, it’s weird in a cool way.

Zayn's POV

I kicked Tommo under the table as he was asking Gia about her sister.

 "What?" he looked up at me and then he followed my eyes. Dane had finished placing his order and was now makin his way back to his girlfriend whose table was now occupied by three other lads.

 "Hey guys?" he had a confused expression on his face as he approached the table.

 "Oh Dane, you're back" Gia scooted over so that he could sit on her right, since I was sat on her left.

 "This is Louis and Anthoneh" she introduced him to the lads.

 "And this of course is Zayn" she laughed bumping my shoulder with hers.

 "Hi again" Dane greeted meh to be polite. I was just goin t tell Loueh that we should leave, when the waitress came with their pizza.

 "Oh that was quick" Dane smiled at his pizza happily as the waitress set in down in front of him and Anthoneh.

 "Uhm… we should leave you'll to it then" Loueh said motioning for Tony to geht op.

 "Oh you guys don't havta goh, there's enough pizza to go around" I looked at Gia shocked that she was actually inviting us to ruin her date.

 "Are you sure?" Anthoneh asked lookin at Gia and then at me.

 "Yeah, and your pizza isn't even ready yet. So you're gonna be sat there watching us eat" she pushed the box towards Tommo and he gladly obliged.

 "Thanks love" he smiled taking a bite.

 "Zayn?" she was offering me now. And I was still feelin really bad bout jompin their date. But she was insisting so I took a piece.

Daniel's POV

I didn't mind sharing our pizza with the lads, really. I just minded that they all seemed to be taking the olive part of it. I mean first it was that Louis guy and I was like, okay there's still two more pieces. Then she offers Zayn and he goes and takes from the side with olives on. And then I'm praying that, that Anthony guy doesn't take the last of my pieces. And low and behold he goes and does exactly that. Well, it was the closest piece to him when Gia offered so I guess he just like felt bad to reach over or something. And of course lastly she offered me.

 "Dane" she edged the box closer to me with a mischievous look on her face. She'd planned for this to happen that's why she'd offered them first. She just didn't want me to get any olives. Well, at least my Gia was back.