chapter 56: Look how far we've come~!

Zayn's POV

"shit she's crying"
"Priya is that a good cry or a bad one?"
"A bit of both" she informed meh, creating a huge knot in my stomach.
"Ahm goin ther now!" I rushed to the door buh Loueh wouldnt leht me leave.
"She'll be okay mate, you have to let her go" he insisted.
I grumbled to myself and reluctantleh took his advice. i sat down again and watched Gia look around the ballroom for a few seconds before shakin her head and walking away.
"Why con't ah just goh to her?" I sulked.
"You know the plan kiddo" Priya gave me a sympatetic look.
"yeah the plan" I muttered.
Everything went silent for a few seconds before Loueh burst out laughing.
"WHat?!" i challenged, clearleh noht in the mood.
" I expected you to say 'screw the plan' and run after her" he cackled.
"Was i supposssed to?"
These people were soh confusing, or maybeh I was just losing mah touch with women. Nahh im jus gonna goh with the first option, the second one is too dangerous to consider.
"Well its too late now, just stick to the plan" Loueh shrugged.
i felt kinda stupid i'll admit.
"its better this way, dont worray" priya winked at me.

GIA's POV

I had not idea whah kinda game he was playin, buh I wanted nothing more than to leave this stupid place before anthing else happened. Ah thought it would take a while to find Laura, but strangeleh enough she happened to be right outside the ballroom door. Well, ah guesss she was more a part of this set op than i had realised.
"lehts goh"!
We made our way outta there and back to our dorm room in complete silence and if i weren't soh ticked off i would've actualleh said something just to end the awkwardness.
"So what appened" she asked caustiously.
" Dont act like you dont know" I mumbled under my breath before heading off to the shower. I mad esure a took like really long and even wased mah hair despite the fact thah it was the middle of the night.
Soh by the time I turned the shower off, having finished all the hot water ofcourse, I expected Laura to be fast asleep. Buh to my surprise, ah could hear music blaring.
"laura im really noht in the mood for-" I was cut short when ah saw all the candles on the floor surrounding whah looked like a picnic blankeht.
There was a pizza box and rwo cokes and the music was coming from one of those old stereo things, you know the one's thah resemble a bug in some ways.
Red Red wine by UB40 was playing and ah couldnt stop myself from smiling.
"Laura?" ah called out knowin thah this probableh wasnt her doin.
And as suspected, a few seconds lehter, who should open the door buh Zehn Malik. he was carring a bouquet of blood red roses and seemed to be kinda startled.
"Gia" he froze in the doorway.
"You can come in you know" I smirked.
"Ah didnt expect you to be out yet" he confessed with a sheepish grin.
"Sould ah goh back in then?" i teased.
"Uh no, no Giashka, is fine" he seemed kinda nervous.
"Good, cause i wasnt going to"
he looked op at me with somewaht blank stare.
"This went aloht behter in mah head" he mumbled, stuffing his one free hand in is pocket. pockets, oh yeah he had on a grey hoodie and blue, faded, ripped jeans.
"pizza's getting cold" i gestured to the picnic infront of us.
"Oh yeah, you u didnt reply. Soh ah took it as a yes?" he shrugged and ah chuckled.
"peri-peri chicken?"
"Yeah" he nodded.
I made myself comfortable on te blankeht while he just stood there watching meh.
"Whah, you noht gonna join meh?" I teased and he chuckled sheepishleh.
"Oh I almost forgoht, these are for you" he handed me the roses with a half grin.
"Thank you Zayn" I smiled and held his gaze.

Zayn's POV

"Soh tell meh whah ya been upto?"
Was she realleh maehkin conversation? From what I'd seen a lil earlier, she seemed pissed off at me.
Buh here she was being all sweet and thah. she wasnt as stubborn as I remembered.
" You uh gonna answer or should I talk to mahself all night?" se asked with a smirk.
Ahh there was my sassy Giashka.
"Alot and nothing at the same time?" ah answered in a way I knew would annoy her slightly, buh honestleh ah was just finding it hard to formulate sentences.
"care to expound?"
Yeah she was getting frustrated with how antisocial i was comng off.
"Gia, I'm sorreh behbs. I had like tis whole thing all planned out and now im here and I see you and you're being all nice and stoff and ah don't know whah to do" I kinda just blirted a confession. Hopefulleh she didnt think ah was too muc of an idiot, even though we all now I am. She seemed to find it amusin or som'hin cause she giggled and tucked her wet hair behind her ear.
"You should pobableh dry your hair, ya know we dont want yu gehtin a cold or anything" I reached over and ran my fingers through her wet locks, which made her blush.
"Why, are we going out?" she asked getting up.
"Ah kinda wanted to goh for a walk, if you'd like?"
"C'mon" she held out a hand to help me up amd once I took it ah didnt wanna leht goh.

Gia's POV

It was freezin outside and he offered me his hoodie several times, even though i had one of my own on.
" Well' if you wont take mah jackeht, atleast leht me keep you warm" he didn't wait for an answer, buh put his arm around meh and I wrapped mine around is waist.
"I missed this" he mumbled staring absent mindedleh at the street.
"How's Perrie?" I had to ask.
"Who?" he seemed confused.
" The girl with the pink hair" I said flatly, my jealouseh apparent.
"Oh, uh ah ahven't seen her in awhile"
"Howcome, she seemed to realleh like you Zehn" oops I didnt mean to seh it like thah. he didnt seem to mind though cause he smirked and gave mah shoulder a squeeze.
"Well, mah mind has been on tis other girl the whole time,soh I guess ah didnt realleh notice" he drew me close and placed a soft kiss on mah forehead, which made me blush ofcourse.
"Wow, she must be quite something; this other girl"
"She is,she's uh.." he stopped walking and turned to fehs me. He wrapped his arm tightleh around meh and ah looked up urging him to go on.
"She's kinda the love of mah life" he said softleh, avoiding mah eyes.
"Zayn.." I smiled up at him and I could see just how shy he was. Our walk hadn't been very long, buh ah guess it had come to an end cause he didnt start walking again, he just stood there.
"Giashka"
"Yeah?""That's her name, thah girl I was tellin you about" he winked and it was my turn to geht shy. He took oht of mah hands in is and looked right into mah eyes like he was searching for something. I felt kinda intimidated by his gaze and i was forced to look aweh and take in mah surroundings. We had gone around the block and were now standing at the back of my res. There was a brick wall which was now covered in a huge wite sheet with the same graffiti tha was back home. It was he picture of a girl and one glance at it made me feel all gooey on the inside. he followed my eyes and smiled.
"You like it?"
"Zehn ah dont knw whah to seh" my accent was suddenleh very thick and my words more slurred than usual.
"I love you Giashka, and ah dont know whah its gonna take, buh ah know I can tbe without you anymore" he went on. If it had been someone else in another situation I would've called it cheesy and cliché, buh noht tonight. Not with Zayn looking at meh the way e was.
"Zayn, I love you too. So much, buh buh ah dont know how we can" i hated to seh it, buh it was the truth.
"Because we're too far apart right?"
"Uh yeah" i nodded.
"Yeah ah was thinking about thah and i came up with a solution, sort of"
"Oh yeah?" I was all ears for this one.
"Whah iiff" he drew it out tyin to be all suspenseful and it made me giggle.
"Goh on" I chuckled.
"If i were to study here or something..." he trailed off smiling.
"Zayn!Why would you give op your art?"
"Cause I've actualleh always wanted to geht an English degree"
"Z, Ican't leht you do thah just cause of meh"
"It's realleh somethin I've always wanted to do and besides, I've already enrolled. I start next semester"
I was flabbergasted, ah didn't know whah to seh soh being the dork thah i am,thah's exacleh whah ah said, again.
"Well if you'd have meh,ah'd like to be your boyfriend, again?" he smirked.
"Yes, ofcourse" I stood on my toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips.
" I love you" I mumbled into his lips leaving a series of gentle kisses.
"I love you too Gia" he answered when we eventualleh broke away. He held me tight and I rested my head on is chest. We were silent for a while heaving in breaths in the cold.
"Zehn, whah about mah parents" trust me to ruin a perfect moment.
"i will do whahever it tehks, okeh behbs" he winked and kissed the top of mah head. I knew it wouldn't be thah easeh, buh for now it was all i needed.
"You wanna goh inside?"
"I'm freezin acualleh" he chuckled.
"To think, I'm actually dating a criminal" I teased gesturing to his art work. He messed op mah hair as we both chuckled.
"To think I ended op wiht thah funkeh church girl from bradford"
"You know you still needa teach me how to pleh tha song"
"Which one?"
"Paint my love ofcourse"
"Nah, Im only playing that again at our wedding" he winked which got a giggle from me
"Dont get ahead of yourself Malik" I teased kicking at his sneakers.
"Dont touch mah shoes!" he complained and we both burst out laughting.

THE END