Chapter 37:I'm saying good-bye

Gia's POV

'My weakness caused you pain'

"Who is dad on the phone with?"

"Officer Higgins"

"Higgins?!" I remembered him from the ally thah night.

"Yeah..."

"Why?"

"Zayn got arrested" she looked down as she said it.

"WHAT?!" I was completely freaking out.

"Yeah" she reached for my hand, buh I pulled it aweh.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Cause I wanted to see if I could help him...and I didn't know how to tell you"

"How about 'Gia your ex just got arrested'?"

"Gia..."

"Is thah whah Lou told you on the phone?"

"Yeah"

"And now he's gonna go to juvi" it was more of a statement than a question.

"We don't know that..."

"Priya thah was his last chance, if he goht caught again..." the tears were pouring down my cheeks now and I stormed off to my room soh I could beat myself op. How could I have done this to him? It was all my fault. If I hadn't asked to meet him at the ramps none of this would've happened. I threw myself on my bed and sobbed like a baby. All Zayn had ever done was make me happeh, happier than I'd ever been. And in return I goh and completeleh ruin his life. He wanted to goh to collage, buh now he was going to Juvenile Detention instead, all because of meh. I'm a monster. I didn't even hear Priya knock on the door buh I goht a shock when I heard her voice beside me.

"G, are you okay?"

"No, buh I deserve thah" I mumbled into my pillow.

"Gia there's something you should know" she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Whah?" I picked up my head to look at her and based on her expression I looked pretty bad.

"Zayn goht out?"

"Whadaya mean?" she was messing with me.

"Dad called Officer Higgins and asked him not to charge Zayn"

"And he did it?"

"Apparently dad holds a lot more sway in this town than we realized"

"Yeah..." thah gave meh somethin to think about.

"So you can stop beating yourself up, okay?" she wiped aweh a tear from my eye.

"Soh Zayn is back home?" I clarified.

"Safe and sound, Louis just texted me"

"Good" I leht out a sigh of relief. I'm still a monster, buh at least Zayn's okeh.

Zayn's POV

Loueh was at ma house five minutes after I goht back. And I've never been soh happy to see the lad. I hugged him a couple times before he made himself comfortable in his usual spot on my bed.

"So what was it like?"

"Horrible"

"I bet. So how the hell did you get out?"