Chapter 34:You don't need to run

Zayn's POV

I wish Gia and I had gone to the same school. It would've made things so much easier like we could've talked instead of me being left completely in the dark about everything. But then again I bet it would've been awkward and difficult for her to see me every day. I didn't know whah was gonna happen next, buh I had a bad feelin. I knew Gia never wanted to ever do anything to let her parents down. And if they had made her feel like she had...then I was done for. Loueh was tryna be positive, buh it wasn't helping meh.
"Bro I dunno if I should break up with her"
"Why would you do that?"
"I dunno, I noh it's comin anehweh soh I might as well make it easier for her"
"Yeah mate, but what if she has no intentions of breaking up with you? What if she just wants to see it through? And you both are gonna be done with school in a bit, so maybe you'll be okay then?"
Tommo gave me somethin to think about, I hadn't seen it like thah.
"Soh you think I should just like give her some time or somethin?"
"Yeah mate it's only been two days" he said pattin meh on the back.

Gia's POV

Priya had offered to let me use her phone if I wanted to contact Zayn, buh I'd refused. I didn't like leaving him 'in the dark' like this and I missed him terribly, buh I just needed some time. Time to think about whah needed to happen and whah was goin to happen. Soh every time Loueh asked me if he should seh anythin to Zayn I just said to say 'hi'. Lou had been coming to my house almost every day since the whole blow up and everyday he'd try to geht me to open up, buh I wouldn't. I wouldn't leht anyone in really, noht even Priya. Every time she wanted to talk I'd just tell her I was fine and soh she'd leht it goh. I didn't know if I was fine, buh by the end of my week of intense studying and solitude, I'd made up my mind. It was Friday, exactly one week after the whole thing with Mishka and my parents. I went to school, paid attention through most of my classes and then got home as soon as I could. Priya only works half a day on Fridays so she was home when I arrived.
"Priya I need a favour" I plopped myself down on her bed.
"What is it?" she asked taking a bite of her toast. She was sat on her bed eating toast and watching YouTube videos.
"Can I borrow ya phone?"
"You wanna text Zayn?" she smirked.
"Call him actually"
"Oh this sounds serious, go ahead" she gestured to her phone which was lying on her bed.
"Thanks I owe you"
"You do" she called out behind me as I quickly ran to my room. I shut the door and then punched in the numbers, my heart thumping in my chest. And with every ring my pulse increased until I thought my chest would explode, buh then he picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hi Zayn"

Zayn's POV

I was chatting to my mom and helping my sister with her art project. My mom has this thing about us doing our homework on Fridays; she says it's soh you have the weekend free. Well thah worked for my younger sisters soh thah's whah we were doing.
"Buh I don't even know how to do thah" Waliyah complained. The problem with doing ya homework on Frideh is thah you're never in the mood. Cause ya come home from school in the weekend vibe and then you havta do more school work. Of course it's alwehs nice when ya cousins show op the next deh and ya free to goh wherever with them cause ya don't havta still do ya homework. Well, ah guess ma mom does have a point then.
"It's okeh behbs I'll show ya" I assured my sister.
"Can't ya just do it for meh?" she said under her breath while ma mom turned to check on whahever was on the stove (Rogan josh I think).
"Thah's whah I meant" I whispered back.
"Whah's all the whisperin?" my mom asked eyeing me and ma sister suspiciousleh.
"Nothin" we both said at the same time makin us look even guiltier.
"Jus finish thah project please, I'm tired of hearing about it"
My sister and I goht back to work and we were actually gehtin somewhere when my phone rang. The caller ID said Priya soh I wasn't sure whah the call was gonna be about. I answered and was pleasantleh surprised.
"Hello?"
"Hi Zayn" it was Gia.
"Who's he talking to?" ma mom asked my sister.
"His girlfriend" Waliyha answered. Was it thah obvious?
"Oh yeah looka how he's blushin" my mum smiled.
Dead give aweh huh? I decided to leave their presence and went to ma room for some privacy.
"How are ya behb?"
"I'm okeh Zayn, how about you?"
"Good" Did I mention how good it was to hear her voice.
"Uhm soh I was wonderin...?"
"Yeah?"
"You think you could meet me tonight?"
"Okeh where?"
"At the ramps"
"Ya sure you wanna goh there behb, noht the pizza place?" I teased and I could hear her smilin. Ah live for moments like thah.
"Yeah the ramps, you know where right?"
"Yeah I think soh"
"Good see ya lehter Malik"
"Soh thah's it then?"
"What?"
"You just call after like forever and then ya just gonna hang up now?"
"Yeah pretty much"
"Okeh" I hadta laugh at thah.
"I'll see ya tonight then at seven"
"Yeah...oh and Giashka?"
"Yes?"
"I missed ya"
"I miss you too"
"Love you"
"You too"
"Bye"
"See ya"
And just like thah the conversation was over leavin me feelin a lil nervous for the evening.