Chapter 7: And time is frozen

Zayn's POV

"Whah do ya think?" I asked my lil sister as I stood in front of the mirror.

 "You look handsome" she smiled and came over to give me a hug.

 "Aww thank you papa" I bent down and kissed the top of her head. She was the sweetest thing, well in my opinion anyway. She gets on Tommo's nerves sometimes, so he prefers Waliyah. But Safaa is my baby.

 "You know it’s not a date" Tommo teased.

 "Yeah buh the dress code is like formal or somthin so..."

 "You look good mate" he said patting meh on the back.

 "Daniel's coming" I mused noht happy with the thoughts filling my mind.

 "Who?" Loueh was confused.

 "Dane, her boyfriend"

 "Oh"

 "Yeah"

 I would've said more, but little ears were listening so I decided to leave it as thah.

Gia's POV

"Are you sure I look ok?" I asked Dane as I got out of his car.

 "I'm not sure about ok, but you do look gorgeous" he smiled taking my hand as we walked up to the church.

 "Right back at ya" I winked and he laughed and adjusted his tie. He had on a grey shirt and formal black trousers with a black skinny tie. And he looked wow. I on the other hand probably looked so, so awkward. My sister and mother had insisted that I wear a dress, so here I was struggling to walk up the front steps of the church. Ok it wasn't that bad, but I was really uncomfortable. Jeans and I were made for each other and should never be separated.

 "You ready?" Dane asked his hand on the door handle.

 "Yup" I nodded and so we walked in. The hall was packed with people and I was glad we'd gotten such a good turnout. I looked around and my eyes met a few familiar pairs and I smiled and nodded. My eyes however did not land on the beautiful brown ones I was looking for.

 "Wanna dance?" Dane asked offering me his hand.

 "Sure" he led me on to the dance floor and my eyes continued to search the hall. He did say he was coming, right? Oh what was wrong with me? I was here with my wonderful boyfriend, why was I looking for some guy I barely knew?

 "Relax..." Dane whispered in my ear and I realized how stiff I was being.

 "Sorry" I whispered back.

 "It's ok" he laughed.

 We swayed to the music until I found myself completely lost in it. My head was on his shoulder now and in his arms I felt completely at home. All the weird emotions I'd been feeling recently faded away. I shut my eyes and just went with it. Well, until the song changed and I felt Dane pull away.

 "Let's go get something to eat" he said leading me off the dance floor.

 "Sure" I mused. Honestly I couldn't understand it, like how could he not have felt everything I'd been feeling? That's what gets to me, I mean it's not like there's an off switch or something. He just didn't understand how much music means to me, how it's a part of who I am. And even though I barely knew him I could tell Zayn did. And speaking of the guy, there he was standing at the buffet looking all awkward. And walking up to the table hand in hand with Dane, I was feeling awkward.

 "Hey" I tapped him on the back and he turned around smiling.

 "Gia"

 Wow he looked good, like really, really good. He had on dark blue jeans and a white shirt and sneakers, but he was by far the best dressed in the room.

 "I thought you weren't coming" I smirked.

 "How could I stay away?"

 I noticed Dane looking a bit awkward and I decided to intervene.

 "Zayn you know Daniel"

 "Yeah, hey man" Zayn offered Dane his hand.

 "Hey" Dane shook his hand and then turned to me.

 "Let's go...get somethin to eat babe"

 "You go on I'll be there in a minute" I smiled, kissed his cheek, watched him walk away, and then turn my attention back to Zayn.

 "So when did you get here?"

 "A lil while ago, saw you dancing" he smiled.

 "Oh" I looked down a little embarrassed.

 "You look great by the way" he smiled gesturing to my dress.

 "Thanks so do you" Wait, was I blushing? Oops.

 "Thanks" he was pretty shy too.

 "C'mon let's go get something to eat" I handed him a plate and we started walking through the buffet.

Zayn's POV

I walked in a bit late, like there were plenty of people on the dance floor and around the tables. I was kinda hesitant to go in, buh then I saw Gia through the glass part of the door. She was laughing as she followed Dane onto the dance floor. I took a deep breath and then opened the door. There was a man at the door who asked for my ticket, which I handed to him. It was a charity thing so they were selling tickets, buh the pastor had given mine to me for free(Was probably just tryin to get a 'rebellious teenager' to come to church). I didn't mind cause it would mean at least two hours less of my community service and of course most importantly, I got to see Gia. And she was quite a sight tonight. Looks like she took me seriously when I said she should dress extra pretty. She had on a navy blue shirt-dress and wedges. Yeah, I know these things cause I have three sisters and a lot of girl cousins. They were dancing now and she had her head on his shoulder and her eyes were shut tightly. She was trying to shut out the world, I could tell. I met the pastor who advised me to get something to eat, apparently the breyani was really good. I walked over to the buffet table place, buh I kept my eyes on Gia. She seemed to really be getting into the music, swayin slightly. And then the song changed and for some reason her boyfriend was leading her away from the dance floor and straight in my direction. I quickly turned around and acted like I was doing something until I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. And turned around to see the girl I'd been watching all night.