Zia Part 2

Chapter 16: First Kiss

She was playing and singing again and just like that first day, I was drawn to her.

'And anywhere I would've followed you

Say something I'm giving up on you'

Her eyes were shut so I decided to sneak up on her. I quietleh snuck into the sanctuary and behind her. Then I put my hands over her eyes that were still closed and I felt her body stiffen. I kept my hands there for a few more seconds until I felt her calm down again.

"Zayn..." she mumbled.

"How'd ya know it was meh?" I laughed, taking my hands off her eyes.

"Your hands...I knew they weren't Dane's. And besides you're the only other person here and I don't really think the pastor would do that, would he?" she laughed at the thought. "How's the Sunday school room goin?" she asked turning away from the piano and towards me. As she turned around her knees brushed mine and she seemed awkward, so I took a step back even though I really didn't want to.

"Really good actualleh" I answered.

She jumped off the bench and started heading outside. I followed her and got there just as she stepped into the room.

"Wow...Zayn..." she seemed awed. She turned to look at meh.

"Zayn Malik, this is amazing!" she grabbed my hand and then realised and quickleh leht it goh.

"Uh...thanks"

"I didn't know you could draw, like proper"

"Ah it's noht thah good realleh" I shrugged.

"Well, to meh it is okeh?"

"Okeh" I nodded and she smiled satisfied.

"You ought to teach meh sometime"

"Teach you whah?" I asked, buh didn't get an answer as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and was texting someone. Was I thah borin?

"Uh...sorreh Zen, I havta goh" she mumbled. She started to walk out, her eyes still on her phone, noht really concentrating on where she was goin. She was attempting to leave the room practicalleh walking blind and it didn't work out too well. She missed the step and was about to fall, buh luckileh I caught her.

"Thanks..." she looked op at meh startled. I was still holding her and in that moment I wasn't really thinking. I bent down and kissed her softleh on the lips. And to my amazement, she kissed meh back, but then she stiffened and pulled aweh.

"Sorreh" I mouthed.

"Priya's waitin for meh..." she mumbled and then ran off.

Chapter 18: Awkward moments

"Hello stranger" he smiled and kinda waved shyly. Seeing him was refreshing, I hadn't realised how much I'd missed him.

"Hi" I smiled.

"Haven't seen you in a while" he was trying to make conversation, but it was awkward and we both knew why.

"Been busy" I lied.

"You look pale, haven't seen the sun in days I bet" he smiled again as if he knew exactleh whah I'd been doing for the past two weeks, which wasn't much.

"Yeah I'm noht a big fan of getting sun burned"

I knew it was lame, buh it was better than silence.

"So whah brings you to these parts?" he asked. He looked especially attractive todeh. He didn't have on old clothes cause he was done painting. He had on a light grey t-shirt and blue jeans and well, need I say more? And then I realised he'd asked me a question...oops.