Chapter 43:Everything is new to me

Zayn's POV

I turned the map around thinkin thah mehbe I was looking at it the wrong weh. Buh either wey it was Greek to me. I'm noht the best with directions I'll tell you thah much. The amount of times Loueh and I have gotten lost is quite embarrassing to be honest, cause he's just as bad as I am. We were hoping things would geht a biht better after he got thah compass tattoo, buh no such luck. 'Okeh Zen, you gotta figure it out, you con't be leht on your first day' I said to myself in my head while I attempted looking at the map for the uhmtinth time. I tried to understand it I really did, buh my skills don't lay in thah specific area. Soh I decided that maybeh I'd be better of just asking someone for directions. I looked around at all the students walking about. There were dudes with long hair, tattoos, torn clothes and instruments. Girls with colourful hair, gothic mehk-op, and tons of piercings. I assumed these were the 'musically talented' bunch. And then there were other people dressed as hippies and flower people, super neat guys with eye make-up and lipgloss. Yeah those were definitely the drama lot. I bet they're all pretty cool; buh ah didn't have the courage to goh up to them. I'm kinda shy that way ah guess. Plus they were all in groups and I didn't wanna like intrude. One of Loueh's 'Dont's' came to mind: ‘Don't make an idiot of yourself on the first day!' Ah think thah was number one on the list actualleh. I checked my watch nervousleh realizing thah if I didn't geht going I was definitely going to be late. This would've been a lot easier if ah had made a friend or somethin, buh I didn't even have a roommate. Soh I was really gonna havta fend for myself; somethin I'm noht very used to. I glanced at the map again hoping that something would dawn on meh. Man ah hoped Gia was havin better luck.

Gia's POV

"And the first lectures is...drum roll please?...English101!" Laura announced excitedly.
"Wow I never would've guessed" I teased and she scrunched up her nose.
"At least act excited!"
"I am" I laughed.
"Yeah sure"
"I'm just noht the kinda person thah gets easily excited" I shrugged.
"Yeah right, what's his name?"
"Who?"
"The boyfriend you had to leave behind to come here" she said as if it was obvious.
"Whah makes you think-"
"I'm just good at reading people" she shrugged. Apparentleh she was cause she'd figured out whah I was gonna seh without me having to say it.
"So?" she prompted. I looked at her a biht unsure. I don't really open up to people thah easily. Well, she was my roommate and the only friend I had on the entire campus and she had told me her whole life story the night before, soh I decided to tell her.
"His name's Zayn and he's at the London School of the Arts"
"That's pretty rad!"
Rad? When was the last time I'd heard someone use thah word.
"Uh yeah" I shrugged.
"So is he hot?"
"Uhm yeah" I looked down fiddling with my fingers kinda shy. I was pretty sure thah my cheeks were beginning to look a lot like the shade of her hair.
"Aww you're cute, can I see a picture of him?"
"Uhm we broke up" I blurted out.
"Oh I'm sorry love" she came over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"It's okay, it was for the best" I mumbled into her shoulder.

Zayn's POV

I eventualleh managed to figure out where I was on the map. And then I attempted to make my way to the venue that was apparently quite a walk from my dorm room. I was like halfway there when I got lost so I stopped and tried to find my way again. I was soh focused on the map thah I didn't really pay attention to where I was going and I ended up bumping into someone.
"Ohmegosh!" she seemed to be as startled as I was.
"I'm sorreh" I apologised quickleh bending down to pick op her stuff thah had fallen when ah walked into her.
"Oh it's not ya fault, I bimped into you" she was kinda loud cause she had her headphones on.