Snooping

Prompt: Charlie's snooping gets her in some serious trouble.

"Bloody hell!" Charlie exclaims as she accidentally uncovers a small black jewelry box in Zari's drawer.

Charlie quickly moves away from it and places her hands on her hips, trying to calm her racing heart.

"Calm down, Charlie. It's a box. A small black jewelry box. That contains jewelry. Fancy jewelry probably. Maybe some earrings, a ring, a necklace, a ring, a bracelet, a ring, a pendant, a ring, an an anklet, or a fucking a ring. God, is it a ring?" Charlie begins rambling to herself as she starts to pace back and forth.

Charlie stops and glances at the dresser, specifically that drawer where the jewelry box was laying. Charlie scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"I should look." Charlie decided, storming toward the dresser with a purpose.

Shaky hands pick up the box and open it.

"Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit. Shit! Oh damn. That's a bloody ring." Charlie whispers to herself as she stares at the gorgeous engagement ring in the small black jewelry box.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Charlie was constantly walking on egg shells now that she knew Zari's little secret. Any moment Zari could whip out that ring and ask the question that was going to change everything.

"Guys. I actually have an announcement to make. Well, more like a question really." Zari annouces during one of the team's briefing.

"Go ahead, Z." Sara says.

Zari reaches into her pocket and Charlie swears she's  gonna faint.

"Who ate my chips?" Zari asks seriously, waving the empty chip bag around.

Despite her initial nerves, Charlie couldn't help but laugh as Nate and Zari got into heated argument about the principle of eating one's snacks without asking.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"It doesn't get better than this, Z." Charlie sighs in content as the happy couple stare up at the stars.

"I can think of one thing." Zari says as she goes down on one knee.

"Zari?" Charlie questions, her breath coming to a complete stop as she looks at Zari.

"Hold up I'm thinking." Zari jokes as she begins tying her shoe.

"You're an idiot." Charlie laughs as she pushes Zari to ground.

"Well, being an idiot got me in this position. It's not too bad." Zari laughs as Charlie straddles her.

Despite the romantics view and the silence that has been a rare gift in their lives, Zari didn't propose. But Charlie still liked the outcome of that night.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You look really beautiful tonight, Charlie." Zari says sincerely as she takes Charlie's hand into hers, the staff and occupants of the fancy restaurant fading away.

"Zari. You make me blush." Charlie snorts, waving off her comment.

"So, so, so beautiful." Zari adds, placing several kisses on the back of Charlie's hand.

"So I've heard." Charlie says suspiciously, rising an eyebrow at her girlfriend's actions.

"And I love you. So much. To the moon and back, baby." Zari says, fiddling with Charlie's rings.

"Zari, what did you do?" Charlie says with a smirk, pulling her hand away.

"What? Nothing. I didn't do anything. Are those new combat boots?" Zari deflects quickly, scratching the back of her neck nervously.