Not Giving Up Without A Fight

Prompt: from snowdrop74, could you possibly do one where Zari catches Amaya and Nate kissing, gets upset over it which almost makes her leave the team for good but Amaya follows her saying its a mistake and that she only loves Zari and not Nate

"Amaya? Amaya. Gideon, where's Amaya?" Zari questions as she walks on the bridge of the Waverider.

"I believe it would be in both of our best interest if we let Ms. Jiwe be." Gideon advises.

"Gideon. Where's Amaya?" Zari pushes.

"in the jump ship." Gideon answers.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Oh my god." Zari says as she enters the jump ship, seeing Amaya and Nate lips locked together in a kiss.

Amaya quickly pushes Nate off, her hand flying to her mouth in surprise, her other hand gripping her own side tightly. Nate leans against one of the walls of the jump ship, head bowed in shame.

"Zari." Amaya whispers calmly as she tries to reach for Zari.

"Don't! Don't touch me, Amaya. I think I'm gonna be sick." Zari says before running out of the jump ship.

"Zari, please wait! You should be ashamed of yourself, Nathaniel." Amaya says before chasing after Zari.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Nate calls out.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Zari, what are you doing?" Amaya ask as she storms into Zari's room.

Zari refuses to answer, instead she continues to grab her various items and shove them into her bag.

"Z, let me explain." Amaya begs as she reaches for Zari.

"You don't get to call me that. Not anymore." Zari snaps, backing away from Amaya.

"Zari. Let me explain, what you saw isn't what you think." Amaya tries to say.

"Our fate is entwined with each other. You remember saying that? Do you, Amaya?" Zari pushes as she keeps shoving stuff into her bag.

"I do. And I meant every word." Amaya promises.

"Well, from where I'm standing, your tongue look entwined with Nate's." Zari spits out venomously, as she zips up her bag and throws it over her shoulder.

"Let me explain, please!" Amaya pleads as Zari pushes past her and storms toward Sara's room.

Zari ignores Amaya's pleads as she knocks on Sara's quarter door. Sara opens it swiftly, ready to snap at the interruption until she saw the heavy scene in front of her.

"Sara, I need you to drop me back at 2042." Zari says hurriedly. 

"Zari-." Sara tries to say.

"No, I'm done. I want to go home." Zari snaps.

"Okay, okay. Let's just breathe. I will personally drop you off in the jump ship back, in the morning. So go back to your quarters, and in the morning I'll take you home. Okay?" Sara offers.

Zari nods before storming back to her room. Sara looms over at Amaya, who's barely keeping her emotions together in front of her. 

"You need to fix this, Amaya. Because Zari will leave this ship, without a second thought." Sara sighs before retreating back to her room.

"Gideon, pull up the footage from the jump ship." Amaya says fiercely as she wipes her tears and storms back to Zari's room.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Amaya, I don't wanna talk anymore. Just leave me alone." Zari says sadly, not even putting up a fight anymore as she wipes away her tears, sitting cross legged on her bed. 

"No, I'm not leaving. You don't have to talk. Just watch and listen." Amaya commands. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

'Amaya, I really miss you.' Nate slurs drunkenly as he stumbles over to her.

'Nathaniel, you're drunk. Let's go back to your room, okay?' Amaya offers as she tries to help steady him.

'You wanna take me back to my room?' Nate says coyly with a smirk.

'As a friend, Nathaniel. I'm with Zari now. I'm sorry.' Amaya says.

'But she doesn't have the history that we have. You and me, Amaya.' Nate slurs as he waves between the space between them.

'I know. We have our own history, one that I love and appreciate.' Amaya sighs.

'What does she have that I don't?' Nate mumbles before full on kissing Amaya.

As Amaya reaches to push Nate off, Zari enters the jump ship.

'Oh my god.' Zari exclaims. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"I didn't kiss Nate, he kissed me. Before I could push him away, you came. That's what I've been trying to tell you." Amaya sighs.

"Do you still love him?" Zari questions softly.

"I love you, Zari. You and only you. I will tell you every second of every day, if it means you'll say it back to me every once in awhile. Because you mean everything to me, Zari. I don't wanna lose you." Amaya says strongly as she sits down across from Zari.

"I love you, too, Amaya." Zari whispers.

"Please don't go, Zari. Please, I can't lose you. Not now, not ever." Amaya admits.

"You won't. Because, I'm with you for the long run." Zari says.

"Forgive me, Z?" Amaya ask.

"Always, love.  Always." Zari smiles.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts. see my other stories too!