Two Donuts In A Dozen

Prompt: from Jemily25, Unbeknownst to Amaya, Zari has been taking cooking lessons from Ray (Z wanted to surprise her with breakfast in bed, but wanted it to be more special than having Gideon fabricate it). She hides this little detail from Amaya at first, however, when Amaya talks to Ray about doing special for Z, he lets this slip. So, to pay her back, Amaya decides to ask him to teach her how to make homemade donuts (bc duh) and (even tho they aren't perfect) they end up being Zari's favorite donuts in the world. Plus just a super fluffy Zamaya scene

"Do I even want to know?" Sara sighs as a guilty looking Ray and Zari bump until her, too caught up in hush whispers and giggling to notice her.

"Well, I uh-." "See it's not what you-." Ray and Zari Troy to explain, stumbling of each other's and their own words, looking to the other for a reasonable explanation for their captain.

"Nope, I don't want to know. As long as you don't kill anybody and leave the ship in reasonable shape, we're good." Sara says with a shrug.

"You're the best!" Zari grins, grabbing Ray's hand and making a break for it before Sara can change her mind.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Ok, so first, we always have to mix our dry and wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Then, you combine them later." Ray instructs.

Zari nods eagerly and Ray laughs. Zaria huffs and pushes Ray playfully.

"I'm sorry. I've just never seen you so excited for something that wasn't already cooked, electronic devices, or Amaya Jiwe herself. It's kinda cute." Ray says with a smile as he starts grabbing the dry ingredients.

"Well, it's all my favorite things combined. And, it'll make Amaya happy." Zari says with a smile.

"See, so cute! Okay, welcome back to cooking with Ray Palmer, with your host, Ray Palmer. So, now we're mixing the flour, baking powder, salt and the sugar. Just whisk that together for me while I get the wet ingredients together." Ray says as he hands Zari the bowel with the ingredients as well as a whisk.

"Thanks, Ray. I really appreciate this. I just want to do something special for Amaya. Fabricating food is easy, there's no work and love going into that." Zari begins to explain as she whisks the dry ingredients.

"I beg your pardon, Ms. Tomaz." Gideon interrupts.

"Sorry, G! I meant on my part. I'm just pressing buttons and carrying the food back to her. I want Amaya to just be able to feel my love and hard work when I bring her breakfast in bed. And if something simple as waffles can do that for her, I'll do it. She means the world to me. I just-Raymond are you crying? " Zari explains.

"No!" Ray exclaims, trying to masks his sniffles and tears.

"Oh brother." Zari groans, rolling her eyes.

"Just mix best the milks and eggs together while I clean myself up. Then we can mix the dry and wet together when I come back." Ray sighs as he hands Zari to bowel of milk and eggs with another whisk.

Zari nods and sets aside the dry ingredients to take the bowel of wet ingredients. Once his hands are free, Ray wipes away the tears and goes to leave.

"Ray! The apron, take it off!" Zari chides.

"Whoops! Be back in a jiffy!" Ray grins as whips the apron off and leaves the kitchen.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

As Ray exits his room, he bumps right into Amaya.

"Ray! Just who I was looking for!" Amaya smiles.

"Hey! What can I do for you?" Ray smiles back, as they walk side by side down the hallway.

"Well, I know you're a bit of culinary expert." Amaya starts off.

"I dabble." Ray grins, puffing his chest out proudly.

"I was wondering if you could cook something nice for Zari and I for dinner this week? It just seems like an easy week for us Legends and I wanted to do something special." Amaya concludes.

"You and Z are like two peas in a pod! She had the same thinking! Except she's doing to herself. And now that I'm saying this out loud, I think it was suppose to be a surprise. But now that I've said said it out loud, I'm beginning to think it's not longer a surprise. Which is bad because now Zari may or may not kill me. Which will break one of the two rules Sara left us. Don't kill anybody and leave the ship in reasonable condition. Oh God." Ray begins to ramble nervously.

"Raymond, relax. Now, tell me about Zari's plan." Amaya says with a smirk.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Mhm. This is quite a good start to a good morning." Amaya mumbles as she pulls away from Zari who woke her up with many soft kisses to her lips.

"I can make it even better." Zari says with a wide smile as she lifts up a tray with fresh waffles with a bowel of an assortment of sliced up fruits.

"Baby! This is amazing!" Amaya grins, as Zari sets up the tray for her in bed.

"You know what the best part is? I cooked it. With some guidance from our own tech mogul, I got the basics down and with a free trials, BOOM! Breakfast in bed!" Zari grins as she explains the process to her girlfriend, sitting down in front of her.

"Have a gift too. Close your eyes." Amaya says with a cherished smile.

Zari gives Amaya a questionable look before squeezing her eyes shut. After hearing some shuffling, she feels Amaya lightly touch her arm.

"Open them." Amaya whispers to her.

"Amaya." Zari gasps as she sets her eyes down on a plate of donuts, all decorated different and all different sizes.

Yes, some donuts were big and thin. Others were small yet thick. Some had dents and others imperfections. It looked like an amateur baked them, which was correct.

"I know they don't look like the usual ones Gideon fabricates. And before you start running through diagnoses in your head, Gideon didn't make these. I did. That's why they look so-." Amaya rambles.

"Special. That's the word. Special." Zaria says softly in awe.

"There different flavors. We have plain, glaze, chocolate, strawberry, sprinkles. Just about everything you love I made. I heard about your plan and I wanted to do something too. With Ray's instructions, I made all of these for you." Amaya says with a shy smile.

"This gonna suck." Zari sighs.

"What? Why?" Amaya asks, beginning to panic.

"Cause no donut is ever gonna be as amazing as the one my baby made for me. So not only have you ruined women for me, you've also ruined donuts." Zari says with a smile, taking Amaya's hand into hers.

"Such a sweet talker. You know, you don't have to talk me into sleeping with you." Amaya jokes, rolling her eyes.

"Oh that is definitely not my plan. You see these donuts, girl. I'm about to go to town on them!" Zari laughs, taking the plate of donuts from Amaya's hands

No one in the world had more love in their eyes than Amaya did in this moment as she watched Zari dig into the plate of donuts she made her. And no one smiled as bright as Zari did when Amaya as she groaned and moaned about how delicious the waffles were. They truly were two donuts in a dozen.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts! I'm currently on vacation and I've posted these two chapters for the 2 weeks I'll be gone! Enjoy and I'll return soon!