The Time Traveler pt.2

"Esi?" Zari says in the dead of night, as she sneaks up behind Esi in the dead of night.

"The time traveler. Zari." Esi gaps.

"You remember me." Zari grins.

"My mother, she used to tell me stories about the rebellious time traveler. I used to always believe her stories, but they were confirmed the moment I saw you. Nothing hurt more the day I came home and you were gone." Esi sighs.

"Nothing hurt me as much to leave you both. But we all knew if I stayed there any longer, I would've never left. I would've ruined everything for you guys." Zari sighs.

"It's like you said, live in the moment because the future is always changing." Esi smiles sadly.

"Amaya has gotten worse, hasn't she?" Zari ask.

"Yes. She doesn't have long. We believe this will be her last night." Esi says as she wipes a tear that sheds.

"I know I've brought grief to you, and you absolutely owe me nothing. But, could I say goodbye to her?" Zari says chocked up.

"Of course. I'll take you to her." Esi says.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"She really missed you." Esi smiles sadly.

"I've missed her too. More than you can imagine." Zari sighs.

"I'll stand watch. Take all the time you need." Esi says before leaving. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:-:/:

"Who's there? Step in the light." An older Amaya warns, holding a knife out warningly.

"You look as beautiful as the day I met you." Zari laughs as tears stream down her face, stepping forward to reveal her face to Amaya.

"Zari." Amaya gasp, dropping the knife. 

"Maya, I'm here. I came back." Zari says as she sits on the bed, taking Amaya's hand into hers.

"Oh, Z." Amaya laughs happily, happy tears streaming now down her face.

"You've gotten so old." Zari jokes.

"Good thing you've always liked older women." Amaya grins. 

"Well, I mean I'm available you know." Zari shrugs nonchalantly.

"As am I. Wanna be girlfriends?" Amaya smiles widely

"I've got something better." Zari sighs as she pulls something out of her pocket.

"Z, is that?" Amaya trails off.

"I've been holding this in my pocket for a really long time. It's yours, Amaya. It always has been." Zari confesses.

"Zari, I couldn't say no even if I wanted too." Amaya sighs.

"Then don't." Zari challenges.

"I won't." Amaya teases as Zari slips the ring on her finger.

"There's enough time, I could you get you on the jump ship, back to the Waverider in time." Zaria pushes.

"Zari, stop. Just hold me? Okay? I don't need to live anymore, I am so happy right here, with you." Amaya smiles. 

"Okay." Zari says quietly tears streaming down her face.

Zari leans back in the bed, allowing Amaya to cuddle into her.

"Do you remember when you said our fates were entwined?" Zari ask softly. 

"I believe I do." Amaya answers.

"I know that now. I believe having you in my life has brought me peace, happiness." Zari sighs.

"You didn't till now?" Amaya wonders, as she looks up at her love.

"Believe? Yes. But now, I know." Zari confirms.

"My love?" Amaya ask.

"Yes, Maya?" Zari answers.

"I think I have to go now." Amaya says.

"It's okay. I'm right here, always until the end. I love you, Amaya." Zari says.

"I love you too. Thank you." Amaya says.

"For what?" Zari ask.

"For letting me say goodbye. Bury me with this ring will you?" Amaya says.

"Okay." Zari nods.

"Goodbye, my love." Amaya says.

"Goodbye, Amaya." Zaria says.

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"Thank you. I'm glad she's at peace." Esi says as they take away her mother's body.

"I've never loved someone as much as I did your mother." Zari admits.

"I know. Neither did my mother." Esi admits.

"Here, your mother asked to be bury with this ring. I trust you'll respect and honor her wishes." Zari says as she hands Esi the ring.

"What will you do now that she's gone? Her life was you. Don't think I haven't seen you sneak around her in the years of my life." Esi says.

"I don't know what I'll do. She was my everything. But I have to try, she'd want me to." Zari sighs as she walks away.

Author's Note: I'll get to the prompts that were sent, I just wanted to do this