Just Breathe, I'm Here

Prompt: From Jemily25, Something happens where Zari and a different team member (Ray maybe??) get separated and are trapped (elevator, etc.) or they have to hide in a tight space, and Zari tries not to, but begins to panic. Not sure what to do, Ray immediately asks what she needs and she requests Amaya. Amaya, already worried, rushes over and helps Zari calm down.

"We've been compromised!" Ray yells into the comms as he and Zari dash out of the office.

"What? What happened?" Sara asks.

"Hey, are you guys okay?" Amaya asks worriedly.

"Let's just keep it we're compromised, shall we? We need a pick up, stat!" Zari yells as she activates her totem and sends a powerful gust of wind to throw the security guards back.

"We'll pick you up outside in the van." Sara says.

"Come on!" Ray nods as hits the button for the elevator.

"Ray, the stairs will be faster!" Zari tries to reason.

"A fast way for heart attack, Z! We're on the 35th floor!" Ray argues.

The elevator doors open and Ray jumps inside. Zari stands there hesitantly, looking at the elevator wearily.

"Z, we can't take on all those guys with just your totem and my brain. We'll be fine, trust me. It'll be quick." Ray reassures.

Zari squeezes her eyes shut and enters the elevator.

"I have a feeling this will come to bite me in the ass." Zari mumbles.

"We need to work on your positive reenforcement." Ray pouts as he hits the button for lobby.

"Where are you guys?" Sara asks.

"Currently in the elevator, Cap. We should be down soon." Ray informs.

Suddenly, the elevator comes to halt, jolting Ray and Zari.

"Uh oh." Ray says.

"Uh oh? What do you mean uh oh?" Zari snaps.

"Guys, they cut the power to the elevator. We're trapped." Ray says, hitting random buttons but nothing works.

"Don't say trapped. Please don't say that." Zari says, already starting to panic.

"Z, don't panic." Ray tries to calm her down.

"Panic? I'm not panicking, I'm freaking out. I didn't even want to take the stupid elevator. Because of this! In every stupid movie, they cut the power off to the elevator. Hence, trapping us! We are now trapped!" Zari screams.

"Okay, Zari. What do you need?" Ray tries to reason.

"To get the hell out of here!" Zari snaps.

"Z, please. I want to help." Ray says softly.

"I need Amaya." Zari sighs.

"Gideon, I need a private line between Zari and Amaya." Ray says into his comm.

"Copy that, Mr. Palmer." Gideon replies.

"Hey, baby. You okay?" Amaya asks softly.

"Not really. Kinda trapped in the elevator, freaking out, and I'm being an ass to Ray." Zari explains as she goes to stand in the far corner of the elevator, away from Ray.

"Close your eyes, Z. And listen to my voice." Amaya instructs.

Zari sighs as she closes her eyes and focuses on her girlfriend's voice.

"We're on the Waverider, just the two of us. We're in the kitchen, sitting down at the table. My feet are in your lap. My arm is around your shoulders, lightly scratching your neck. Just the way you like it. I'm reading a novel and you're on your stupid tablet, working on a program that I'll never understand. It's just you and me." Amaya explains softly.

"Me and you." Zari whispers.

"How do you feel now, Z?" Amaya asks.

"Better." Zari sighs.

"Good, now look up." Amaya says.

Zaria and Ray both look up to see Amaya on top of the elevator.

"You thought I was just gonna sit back while my girl is in trouble?" Amaya teases.

"Never." Zari smirks.

Author's Note: bringing back S.S.S. Ship, Sink, or Skip. I'll provide a couple and if you like them, Ship. Don't like them, Sink. No opinion, Skip. This week's couple, Nyssa and Sara. I honestly really liked them together so Ship, comment your answer as well as prompts for the week!