Our Future Is Complicated

Prompt: Zari learns her future is more complicated after Kuasa attacks her.

"Although I could kill you slowly and painfully without any impact on my past, there's no telling what would happened if I killed my grandmother's true love." Kuasa says tauntingly as she holds a knife up to Zari's throat.

"What are you saying?" Zari ask through clench teeth as her body throbs in pain.

"I think you know what I'm saying, Grandma Z." Kuasa laughs as she stands up and begins to walk away.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Oh my god, Zari. How bad are your injuries?" Amaya ask quickly as she bust into Med Bay, immediately checking over Zari with her own eyes and cupping Zari's cheek.

"I'm fine. But I think we should talk." Zari says seriously as she pulls Amaya's hands away from her cheek and backs away from her.

"About what?" Amaya ask, hurt that Zari pulled away from her.

"Kuasa. Your past. And apparently my future now." Zari answers.

"She told you." Amaya dawns.

"And I'm just trying to figure out why I'm learned this from a woman trying to assassinate me, instead of you! How could you not tell me, Amaya?" Zari snaps.

"I didn't know how." Amaya reasons.

"This is my life, Amaya. I had right to know." Zari scoffs before leaving Med Bay.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"You okay?" Ray ask.

"No. I'm far from it." Zari sighs.

"You should be happy." Ray shrugs.

"Out of all the things I should be feeling, happy is not one of them Ray." I laugh sadly.

"I mean, you know who your soulmate is. Where you'll be in life, who you'll be with. You know how many people wish they knew that. I mean it might not seem like a blessing, but it's for sure not a curse." Ray explains.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"We end up together." Zari sighs as she storms into Amaya's room.

"What?" Amaya questions.

"It's like reading the last sentence of a book before starting it.You know the ending, but you have no idea what's going on. Because you haven't even begun, but you do know the ending in and when you get t the end of the book it's gonna come together more so than when you read the last sentence before starting it." Zari explains.

"We're a book now?" Amaya laughs.

"Yes and no. We know the ending, we've read the last sentence of our story. But you and I, we have no idea what even starts up and leads to the ending. But we know the endgame, and that's us. Together." Zari sighs.

"Do you want that? To be together?" Amaya ask nervously.

"I didn't know before, but I know now. And my answer now, will forever be yes." Zari sighs.

Amaya grins widely as she pulls Zari in for a kiss, the two smiling and giggling as they share their first kiss. They pull away, leaning their foreheads on one another, looking like love sick puppies. 

"And this marks the journey to our happily ever after." Amaya smiles.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts! comment "THIS ONE" on the next story you want for a week of daily updates! EXCLUDING THIS BOOK!!!!