Co-Captains 4 Life

Prompt: Sara offers her final piece of advice before retiring.

"Any last parting words, Captain Lance?" Zari asks as her and Sara depart from the jump ship.

"Just one final piece of advice, Captain Tomaz." Sara answers, draping her arm over Zari's shoulders.

"Hit me, Cap." Zari sighs, draping her arm over Sara's shoulder as they stand and look off into the distance.

"Make her your co-captain. Your co-captain for life. We can't do what we do alone. We need someone, Zari. You're like me. And I hate to tell you this, but you need an Ava. There is no Sara without Ava. I'm not saying you can't do this alone. We both know you can. But what will it cost? I need to know you'll be okay. That our family will be okay. Don't do this alone, Zari, even if you can." Sara says, turning to look at the new Captain of the Legends.

"She's my Ava?" Zari asks, nodding at the scene of Charlie and Ava unloading various boxes on the porch of Sara and Ava's new home.

"She's your Ava." Sara concludes, smiling at the pair on the porch.

"I hope I can live up to your legacy, Sara." Zari whispers, turning to look at Sara with tears in her eyes.

"You'll surpass and pave a new way. I have no doubt, Captain Zari Adrianna Tomaz." Sara reassures, her own eyes filled with tears.

Author's Note: vote and comment prompts!